Mickey Rourke to play Russian villain in Iron Man 2March 15th, 2009 - 12:17 pm ICT by ANI
New York, March 15 (ANI): American actor Mickey Rourke has bagged yet another good role as the Russian villain in Iron Man 2, after being nominated for an Oscar for his work in the film The Wrestler.
A report published by the website deadlinehollywooddaily.com says that the producers had earlier offered Rourke just 250,000 dollars for this role.
However, they significantly increased the money offer after Rourkes agent, David Unger, played hardball.
According to the New York Post, Rourke was also being considered for a villainous role in Sonys Spider-Man 4.
Rourke has also been offered a role by Sylvester Stallone in the fifth Rambo film.
He will reportedly play the baddie in the flick, which is due to be filmed later this year.
The actor will also start filming Stallones new thriller The Expendables, alongside Ben Kingsley, Sandra Bullock,Jet Li, Jason Statham and Forest Whitaker. (ANI)
- Mickey Rourke asked to play baddie in fifth Rambo - Feb 28, 2009
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- Simon West finalised to direct 'The Expendables 2' - Jun 16, 2011
- Sylvester Stallone Plans To Take Up Direction - Jun 28, 2010
- Why Van Damme refused to appear in Sly's 'The Expendables' - Aug 17, 2010
- Sly says 'unaffordable' stars made 'Expendables' impossible two decades ago - Aug 23, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone, 64, is a child at heart - Aug 15, 2010
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone & 'The Expendables' Vaporize 'Vampires Suck' at Box Office - Aug 23, 2010
- Sly wants to be a role model for youngsters - Aug 10, 2010
- 'The Expendables' to release in over 400 screens in India - Aug 03, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone defends casting 50 Cent in new film - Mar 19, 2009
- Stallone wants Willis as villain - Sep 05, 2010
- Mickey Rourke thanks Stallone for standing by him - Nov 12, 2009
- Sandra Bullock not approached for 'The Expendables' - Jul 06, 2009
Tags: american actor, baddie, ben kingsley, david unger, deadlinehollywooddaily, expendables, flick, forest whitaker, hardball, iron man, jason statham, jet li, mickey rourke, new york post, rambo, sandra bullock, spider man, spider man 4, sylvester stallone, villain