Mickey Rourke says he never took steroids for Wrestler roleJanuary 14th, 2009 - 1:57 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 14 (ANI): Mickey Rourke has slammed media reports suggesting he took steroids to get in shape for his new film The Wrestler.
The Sin City actor has insisted that the media has exaggerated the comments he made in a magazine interview.
In a recent interview with U.S. magazine Men’’s Journal, the Golden Globe winner hinted that he”d taken steroids to bulk up for his role as battered fighter Randy ”The Ram” Robinson in the film.
In the interview, the 52-year-old actor was asked if he took steroids.
“When I”m a wrestler, I behave like a wrestler, Contactmusic quoted the star as replying.
However, Rourke has now claimed that he didn”t use growth hormones or controversial sports drugs to enhance his physique.
He said: “I did some stuff. You wouldn”t classify it as steroids, but I did some heavy duty supplements… but not the regular stuff.” (ANI)
- Steroids can kill: Dark side of body building (Health Feature) - Jul 13, 2012
- Many Hollywood actors 'suck' at their jobs, says Mickey Rourke - May 08, 2010
- Mickey Rourke 'ordered to slim down for Iron Man 2' - May 07, 2009
- Mickey Rourke Desires to be Gay Rugby Player Gareth Thomas - Dec 29, 2010
- Mickey Rourke asked to slim down for 'Iron Man' sequel - May 06, 2009
- Mickey Rourke calls Mel Gibson's ex 'bitch' - Jul 03, 2010
- Mickey Rourke to play gay rugby player in new movie - Dec 28, 2010
- Freida Pinto signed 'Immortals' for men - Nov 13, 2010
- Sheen took steriods during 'Major League' shoot - Jul 07, 2012
- My character in 'The Wrestler' close to my real life: Mickey Rourke - Jan 07, 2009
- Don't see space for myself in Bollywood: Tarsem Singh - Nov 11, 2011
- Rourke not getting married - Dec 12, 2009
- Mickey Rourke slept with 14 women in one night - Mar 07, 2010
- Mickey Rourke signing up real sports stars for new movie - Jan 15, 2011
- Mickey Rourke's pooch bit him at first meeting - Dec 29, 2010