Mickey Rourke makes colourful acceptance speech at BAFTAFebruary 9th, 2009 - 1:17 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 9 (ANI): American actor Mickey Rourke made a colourful acceptance speech at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards, where he won the Leading Actor gong.
Rourke, who was awarded in recognition of his role as Randy The Ram Robinson in The Wrestler, credited director Darren Aronofsky for rescuing his career.
While accepting his award he also made the star-studded audience laugh at his tales of being in the wilderness.
Darren Aronofsky gave me a second chance after I f**ked up my career for 15 years…, Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
I want to thank my publicist Paula for having the hardest job in showbiz - telling me where to go, what to do, when to do it. What to eat, what to dress, what to f**k. It’’s such a pleasure to be here and back out of the darkness.
Marisa Tomei for putting up with me - she’’s a hell of a talent and was very brave for taking her clothes off all the time. I enjoyed looking at her! he said.
Rourke also showed his softer side by dedicating the win to veteran star Richard Harris, who died in 2002.
Last but not least… I would like to dedicate this to an actor who is not here anymore that was a great friend of mine. His spirit and his talent live on; the great Richard Harris, he added. (ANI)
- Marisa Tomei 'thrilled' with Lady Gaga's request - Mar 22, 2011
- I cheated on my wife, so do millions of men: Jesse James - May 15, 2011
- Russell Crowe confirmed for 'Noah' - Apr 24, 2012
- Courtney Love feels Kurt Cobain would've enjoyed Guitar Hero video game - Jan 30, 2010
- Alex Reid plans tell all about 'sex life, bitter rows' with Katie Price - Mar 06, 2011
- Rhys Ifans accused of assault - Feb 14, 2012
- Lady Gaga would love to see Marisa Tomei play her in biopic - Feb 19, 2011
- Theron hates pretentious actors - May 20, 2012
- Rachel Weisz to play Jackie Kennedy - Apr 16, 2010
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Colin Farrell became "really bad news" on Miami Vice set - Apr 11, 2010
- Anil Kapoor Bonds with Matt Dillon, takes Wife Sunita on a second Honeymoon to Paris - Mar 02, 2010
- Top honours crown 'The King's Speech' at 83rd Oscars (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2011
- Rourke threatened suicide if Otis didn't marry him - Oct 11, 2011
Tags: acceptance speech, american actor, audience laugh, bafta, british academy, clothes, darkness, darren aronofsky, director darren aronofsky, film and television, gong, marisa tomei, mickey rourke, publicist, richard harris, second chance, showbiz, television arts, veteran, wilderness