Mickey Rourke broke his hand while wrestling with Chris JerichoApril 29th, 2009 - 4:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 29 (ANI): American actor Mickey Rourke has revealed that his wrestling match with Chris Jericho was nowhere easy and he ended up with a broken hand.
Rourke, 56, had faced the professional grappler earlier this month at the WWE’s Wrestlemania 25 in Houston, Texas, following a bitter and public war of words with Jericho.
The actor is said to have left his fans stunned after he stood up from his seat in the crowd, clambered over the guard ropes and delivered a punch that left Jericho reeling.
And even though Rourke had played up the smack down for the cameras, he was still left with a fracture in his hand.
“I’m all healed up now. I kept my hand open when I punched so I wouldn’t hurt him,” the Daily Express quoted him as telling the New York Daily News.
And Rourke insists he and his fellow tough man have resolved their dispute off-camera.
“Chris and I went out for drinks after. We’re all good now,” he added. (ANI)
- Mickey Rourke wants to return to WWE - Nov 06, 2009
- Chris Jericho says his bitch slap to Rourke will be heard round the world - Mar 21, 2009
- Mickey Rourke irks wrestler Chris Jericho with TV threats - Jan 29, 2009
- Mickey Rourke to fight Chris Jericho in Wrestle Mania Smackdown - Mar 19, 2009
- Gwar star to wrestle with Smothers - Jun 05, 2009
- WWE Undertaker Receives Burn Injuries - Feb 24, 2010
- WWE Raw: After the Royal Rumble - Feb 01, 2011
- The Rock returns - Feb 16, 2011
- I don't think I broke wrestler's jaw: Jackman - Sep 25, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian vs Del Rio - Mar 26, 2011
- Rourke threatened suicide if Otis didn't marry him - Oct 11, 2011
- Former WWE Star Lance "Cade" McNaught Dies, Age 29 - Aug 14, 2010
- WWE Raw: Triple H Addresses The Undertaker - Apr 05, 2011
- Cage, Rourke finalised for 'Expendables 3' - Aug 15, 2012
- WWE Raw: Rock Responds to Cena, Triple H Returns - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: american actor, cameras, chris jericho, crowd, daily express, drinks, fracture, grappler, houston texas, mickey rourke, new york daily news, public war, punch, ropes, tough man, war of words, wrestlemania, wrestling match, wwe, york daily news