Mickey Rourke asked to slim down for ‘Iron Man’ sequelMay 6th, 2009 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 6 (IANS) Actor Mickey Rourke is struggling to lose his beefed-up physique from the 2008 Oscar-nominated movie “The Wrestler” in time to begin filming the new “Iron Man” sequel in the summer of 2009.
Rourke, 56, gained over 13 kg of muscle to play washed-up grappler Randy ‘The Ram’ Robinson in the movie. But “Iron Man 2″ director Jon Favreau has ordered him to slim down for his role as Russian villain Whiplash in the new superhero film, reports contactmusic.com.
The Manhattan-based movie star’s trainer is helping him shed the excess weight by putting him on a diet and only allowing him to dine out once a week.
- Mickey Rourke 'ordered to slim down for Iron Man 2' - May 07, 2009
- Rourke used Winehouse's 'Rehab' to prepare for Iron Man 2 role - May 01, 2010
- 'Iron Man 2' will be bigger, brighter, louder, sexier, stronger, claims director - Apr 21, 2010
- Mickey Rourke in talks to play Russian villain in Iron Man 2 - Jan 08, 2009
- Downey Jr. baffled by Rourke's acting technique - Apr 12, 2010
- Mickey Rourke visits Russian prison for forthcoming flick - Mar 17, 2009
- Shane Black to helm 'Iron Man 3'? - Feb 18, 2011
- 'Iron Man 3' in turmoil, director walks out - Dec 18, 2010
- Shooting for 'Iron Man 2' was trying process: Robert Downey Jr. - May 08, 2010
- Downey Jr. denies Rourke''s Iron Man role - Feb 05, 2009
- Many Hollywood actors 'suck' at their jobs, says Mickey Rourke - May 08, 2010
- Movie Review - Iron Man 2(2010) - May 08, 2010
- Iron Man 2 is back - Apr 09, 2009
- Iron Man 2 was tough: Robert Downey Jr - Apr 28, 2010
- 'Iron Man 2' fails its predecessor miserably (IANS Movie Review) - May 09, 2010