Mickey Mouse wears Indian clothes, jigs to Bollywood numbersNovember 4th, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS) Walt Disney characters Mickey and Minnie Mouse along with their friends Donald Duck, Goofy and pet dog Pluto enthralled their fans here Tuesday when they staged a live performance wearing traditional Indian attire and danced to Bollywood numbers. The fans experienced Disney magic. The place was filled with music, laughter, colour and excitement when all the characters boogied to popular Bollywood songs.
“Disney’s idea was to localise the characters and make them more relevant to this country. I’m sure the new avatar of the characters will be liked by kids and adults alike,” said K. Seshasaye, director corporate communications and outreach, The Walt Disney Company (India).
The audience, mainly kids, was energised and upbeat. They broke into applause on every action of the characters, especially when they danced wearing Indian costumes, a sight which was unexpected.
“I loved the show. It was great to see all the characters talking in Hindi and dancing to our favourite songs. It was good fun,” said Varun Garg, a class VI student in a Delhi school.
Mickey, Minnie and the whole gang will entertain fans over the next two days in New Delhi with their performance. The show will be staged in Mumbai later this month.
When asked about Disney’s growing interest in India and their foray in the country, Mahesh Samat, country head, The Walt Disney Company (India) said that Disney’s vision is to build “a family entertainment company in India”.
“Through these characters we want to expand our reach in the country. We organised this special treat for Disney fans in the guise of this live Mickey Mouse Show,” he added.
“Roadside Romeo”, India’s first ever three-dimensional mainstream animation venture, which was co-produced by Walt Disney Company was also a part of their effort to tap the Indian markets.
Mickey and Minnie Mouse also visited Agra last week.
- Fly with Mickey, Minnie in Jet's Disney-themed aircraft (With image) - Jul 09, 2012
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse celebrates his 82nd birthday - Nov 19, 2010
- Mickey Mouse celebrates his 82nd birthday - Nov 19, 2010
- Disney''s popular cartoon characters celebrate festive season at New Delhi - Nov 04, 2008
- Walt Disney, UTV to co-produce family films - May 19, 2011
- Disneyland comes up with talking Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet character - May 07, 2010
- Winnie the Pooh to debut in Indian cinemas - Aug 06, 2011
- Disney India to distribute UTV titles through home entertainment - Jul 28, 2010
- 'Do Dooni Chaar' to open Indian film fest in New York - Apr 13, 2011
- Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition On Blu-ray, DVDs And VCDs - Oct 19, 2010
- Disney Theme Park In Shanghai Soon To Be Reality - Nov 08, 2010
- Disney India to make Telugu film with Siddharth, Shruti Haasan - Mar 11, 2010
- Disney's Princess Cinderella to visit India - Dec 05, 2011
- 'Toy Story 3' characters to visit India (With Images) - Jun 15, 2010
- Disney to ban junk food ads on programmes for kids - Jun 06, 2012