Mick Jaggers ecstatic with so many Brit bands winning GrammysFebruary 16th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 16 (ANI): British rocker Mick Jagger has revealed is delighted that so many English bands are doing well in America, especially after they picked up 16 top gongs at the Grammys this year.
The lead vocalist of The Rolling Stones praised the new generation of musicians, and said that he was happy to see them being accepted so well in the US and elsewhere.
With British acts doing so well at the Grammys last week its proving to be a great period for home-grown talent right now, the Sun quoted him as saying.
And what is so refreshing is the different styles that have been recognised Coldplay, Duffy, Adele and Radiohead make up an eclectic bunch, proving theres a lot of fresh British talent out there.
I like that these acts have paid their dues in the way we had to. There is certainly an upsurge of diverse Brit acts breaking through in the US and overseas good to see it. Long may it continue, he added. (ANI)
- Jagger proud of British musicians - Feb 16, 2009
- No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Why the Queen refused to give Mike Jagger a knighthood? - Jul 11, 2012
- Adele gets a standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan to perform at Grammys - Feb 11, 2011
- Madonna defends Adele - Mar 12, 2012
- Mick Gagger wants best comedian for his new film - Apr 10, 2011
- Jerry Hall opens up about 'womanizer' Mick Jagger in autobiography - Sep 26, 2010
- Adele to release new single - Apr 04, 2012
- Kanye West tops 54th Grammy nominations with seven - Dec 01, 2011
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- Adele sues French magazine over 'sex tape' - Feb 19, 2012
- Lizzy Jagger risks her father's anger after nude photoshoot for Playboy - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: adele, brit bands, british acts, coldplay, different styles, duffy, eclectic bunch, ecstatic, english bands, gongs, grammys, london feb, mick jagger, mick jaggers, musicians, new generation, radiohead, rolling stones, sun, vocalist