Mick Jagger to give first solo performance on GrammysFebruary 4th, 2011 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 4 (ANI): Rolling Stones star Mick Jagger is set to make his first-ever live solo appearance on the Grammys stage.
According to CBS News, the rock legend will perform as part of the telecast’s “In Memorium” tribute, which pays homage to those in the music world who have died in the past year.
The singer will be joined on stage by his solo band and Grammy winner Raphael Saadiq, reports Fox News.
He’ll specifically honor one of his longtime idols, Solomon Burke, a soul music pioneer who died in October.
Jagger has appeared on the telecast only once, in 1986 via satellite from London, when Eric Clapton presented the Rolling Stones with a lifetime achievement award.
The Grammys will air Sunday, Feb. 13 on CBS. (ANI)
- Mick Jagger to perform at Grammy Awards - Feb 04, 2011
- Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan to perform at Grammys - Feb 11, 2011
- Singer Solomon Burke Dies At 70 - Oct 10, 2010
- Lady Gaga, Eminem bag top honours at Grammys (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2011
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Grammy Award-Winning Singer Solomon Burke Dies - Oct 11, 2010
- Georgia calls Madonna her style icon - Jul 20, 2012
- Mick Jagger 'working on TV series with Martin Scorcese' - Aug 01, 2010
- Solomon Burke, "The Legendary King of Rock and Soul", dies at 70 - Oct 11, 2010
- Solomon Burke Passes Away - Oct 12, 2010
- Adele wins top honours at Grammy - Feb 13, 2012
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Rahman in Mick Jagger's new band - May 22, 2011
- Jerry Hall slams Keith Richards' slur on Mick Jagger's manhood - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: cbs, cbs news, eric clapton, fox news, grammy winner, grammys, homage, lifetime achievement award, live solo, mick jagger, music pioneer, music world, raphael saadiq, rock legend, rolling stones, solo appearance, solo band, solo performance, solomon burke, soul music