Mick Jagger says he’ll never marry againDecember 6th, 2010 - 1:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 6 (ANI): Rolling Stones star Mick Jagger, who has been married twice, has said that he is not interested in marrying again.
“To be honest, I don’t really think much of marriage,” the Daily Mail quoted the singer as telling the New York Times magazine.
“I’m not saying its not a wonderful thing and people shouldn’t do it, but its not for me.
“I just think it’s perhaps not quite what its cracked up to be. I know its an elaborate fantasy,” he said.
Jagger, who has seven children by four different women, said he is happy to be dating his girlfriend of the last nine years, fashion designer L’Wren Scott.
“I don’t really subscribe to a completely normal view of what relationships should be. I have a bit more of a bohemian view,” the 67-year-old said.
The rock star has been married twice with his first in 1971 to Nicaraguan born Bianca De Macias.
The marriage lasted seven years with the former model divorcing on the grounds of her husband’s adultery.
He later began seeing Texan model Jerry Hall and the couple had four children.
It wasn’t until 1990 when they had been together 13 years that he married Hall in a Hindu beach ceremony in Indonesia.
Jagger later contested the validity of the ceremony, and the marriage was annulled in August 1999.
Jagger also touched on the derogatory comments made by his band mate Keith Richards in recently published autobiography Life.
Richards had questioned the quality of Jagger’s voice and the size of his manhood describing it as a “tiny todger”.
Jagger said of the book: “Personally I think its really quite tedious raking over the past. Mostly, people only do it for money.” (ANI)
- Cruz wants Jagger's girlfriend to design her wedding dress - Mar 13, 2010
- Mick Jagger says Keith Richards' autobiography is "a bit bitchy" - Nov 05, 2010
- Kanye West smitten with beautiful, half-Asian woman - Sep 20, 2010
- Cruz, Bardem planning wedding? - Mar 13, 2010
- Jerry Hall slams Keith Richards' slur on Mick Jagger's manhood - Oct 18, 2010
- Marriage was not Alves priority till it happened - Aug 02, 2012
- Lizzy Jagger risks her father's anger after nude photoshoot for Playboy - Apr 16, 2011
- Mick Jagger's ex-wife calls him sexual predator - Sep 06, 2010
- Lucian Freud's breastfeeding portrait shocks Jerry Hall - Sep 19, 2010
- Jerry Hall says middle-aged people with younger lovers are ''creepy'' - Mar 06, 2009
- US church's 'have more sex' ads for married couples draws ire - Feb 13, 2011
- Halle Berry, ex-beau share strong bond - Aug 13, 2010
- Amy Adams plans picnic wedding - Jan 08, 2011
- Social activist actress Jagger slams Obama for GITMO closure failure - Jan 12, 2011
- Jerry Hall reveals LSD inspired her to take up modelling - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: adultery, august 1999, band mate, bohemian, daily mail, derogatory comments, fashion designer, former model, jerry hall, keith richards, l wren scott, manhood, mick jagger, model jerry hall, new york times, texan model, todger, wonderful thing, wren, york times magazine