Mick Jagger blacks out hotel windows for solitude on spiritual tripSeptember 17th, 2010 - 5:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 17 (ANI): Rolling Stone member Mick Jagger is said to have been so keen on finding solitude that he even blacked out the windows of his luxury suite during his spiritual trip to the Far East.
Jagger, 67, is said to have dined alone and to have gone out only to visit temples and meditate with monks.
He also drank just water during his week in the city of Luang Prabang in Laos, South East Asia.
“Mick booked two rooms in the hotel - one for himself, the other for his luggage,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.
“His room boasts the best view overlooking the mountains and Phousi Temple. But he then blacked out all the windows, even though the hotel is in a remote location and away from prying eyes.
“He clearly wanted to be at one with himself. Mick uses the trip to regenerate himself.
“He spent hours with monks in the temples and chanted with them. He practises Buddhism and meditation every day. He says it’s the first thing he does when he gets up in the morning.
“Mick stays in different places and has a lot of contacts among the monks. He’s said it’s his favourite place in the world,” the source added. (ANI)
- President Patil visits ancient Lao capital Luang Prabang - Sep 11, 2010
- Enough space for India, China to develop simultaneously: President Patil - Sep 09, 2010
- President Patil arrives in Laos on five-day visit - Sep 09, 2010
- Patil accorded ceremonial welcome, meets her Lao counterpart in Vientiane - Sep 10, 2010
- President Patil to visit Laos and Cambodia - Sep 07, 2010
- Tibetan Buddhism can solve global conflicts: Karmapa - Jan 03, 2011
- Mick Jagger says Keith Richards' autobiography is "a bit bitchy" - Nov 05, 2010
- Bees hospitalise over 70 monks in Thailand - Jun 25, 2012
- This Buddhist monk is pop fan, likes fashion and tweets - Jan 17, 2011
- Mick Jagger returns to school to inaugurate new rooms - Jul 17, 2010
- President leaves for Laos, Cambodia on Thursday to advance India's Look East policy - Sep 08, 2010
- President Patil leaves for Laos, Cambodia to further advance India's Look East policy - Sep 09, 2010
- Buddhism: Moving beyond faith to heal lifestyle blues (Feature) - Nov 29, 2011
- Shaolin Temple monks take on tourist guide's role - Mar 26, 2012
- A temple in China reflects 'Sino-Indian cultural synergy' - Oct 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,