Mick Gagger wants best comedian for his new filmApril 10th, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 10 (ANI): Sir Mick Jagger is apparently looking for the finest comedy talent in Britain to star in a film he has been writing for the past 15 years.
The ‘Rolling Stones’ legend penned a script with the help of old pal David Bowie about a couple of hellraising rock’n'roll managers set in the mid-Sixties.
It’s based on people like Andrew Loog Oldham, who managed Jagger and fellow stones Keith Richards, Ronnie wood and Charlie watts in their heyday.
“Mick has had the script in the bag for years. He has gone back to it again recently and feels now is the time to get it out there,” The Sun quoted a source as saying.
“Mick has a few famous comedians in mind to star and is starting to sound them out.
“The script is full of stuff from back in the day, which Mick and the band witnessed first hand or heard about on their travels.
“He’s well up for a cameo role, to show he’s not the serious businessman a lot of people think he is all the time,” the source said.
The singer is planning to release the film project under his own production company Jagged Films, which he set up in 1995. (ANI)
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- Rolling Stones planning comeback tour for next year - Oct 29, 2010
- Unseen Rolling Stones pics hidden in duffel bag for 40 yrs found - Dec 20, 2010
- Rolling Stones Plan Farewell Tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Rolling Stones considering 50th anniversary tour - Sep 03, 2010
- Rolling Stones to bow out after 50 yrs in music - with giant farewell tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Keith Richards' 'tiny willy' jibe at Sir Mick Jagger - Oct 15, 2010
- Keith Richards exposes Mick Jagger in autobiography - Jul 04, 2010
- Rolling Stones' members not splitting - May 25, 2010
- I have out-partied Jagger, Richards, Flynn and Sinatra, says Charlie Sheen - Mar 02, 2011
- Is Rolling Stones planning a farewell tour? - Jul 28, 2010
- Mick Jagger 'working on TV series with Martin Scorcese' - Aug 01, 2010
- Mick Jagger says Keith Richards' autobiography is "a bit bitchy" - Nov 05, 2010
- 'Keith Richards' seductress girlfriend almost broke up the Rolling Stones' - Oct 15, 2010
- Ronnie Wood enters rehab for eight time - Jan 31, 2010
Tags: andrew loog oldham, businessman, cameo role, charlie watts, comedian, david bowie, famous comedians, film london, film project, heyday, jagged films, keith richards, loog, mick gagger, mick jagger, mid sixties, new film, pal david, ronnie wood, sir mick jagger