Michelle Williams wanted to be a boxerApril 7th, 2011 - 6:58 am ICT by IANS
London, April 7 (IANS) Actress Michelle Williams dreamed of becoming a boxer as a child.
The “Blue Valentine” star yearned to be a boxer when she was growing up and wanted to fight former heavyweight world champion Mike Tyson in the ring. However, she soon realised it wouldn’t be possible and changed her focus to acting, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“First I wanted to be a boxer. I don’t know why but I wanted to fight Mike Tyson. That was the dream,” she told Style magazine.
Recalling her decision, Williams said: “I started doing plays when I was eight. I always wanted to act. At 16, I moved away to Los Angeles.”
“You have to prove that you are emotionally and financially stable and independent. You have to have graduated high school and you have to prove that you can live alone. I did one commercial at first every six months and that was enough.”
- 'I'm done with boxing', says Mike Tyson - Oct 28, 2010
- I've found happiness with pigeons: Mike Tyson (Interview) (With Images) - Jun 08, 2011
- Mike Tyson now wants to dance and sing - Sep 13, 2012
- Winslet wants to befriend Michelle Williams - Jan 12, 2011
- Tyson to be inducted in WWE Hall of Fame - Jan 31, 2012
- Iron Mike's heart not in boxing anymore, says Holyfield ruling out re-match - Sep 17, 2010
- Duff wants kids, but will wait for some time - May 17, 2011
- Tyson got prison officer pregnant - Apr 22, 2012
- Relationships are hard: Eva Green - May 13, 2012
- Tyson wanted to 'sock' his ex-wife Givens during Walters 1988 interview - May 09, 2010
- Mike Tyson 'follows what wife says' - Nov 04, 2010
- Mel Gibson needs therapy: Mike Tyson - Oct 29, 2010
- Critics want me to keep proving myself: Mary Kom - Jul 28, 2012
- Portman 'honoured' by Oscar nomination - Jan 27, 2011
- Ex-boxing champ Tyson to become a missionary to earn respect from his kids - Aug 16, 2010