Michelle Obama To Tape For “Oprah Winfrey Show”January 22nd, 2011 - 9:39 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Oprah Winfrey is making it bigger every day. After interacting and skillfully interviewing several celebrities, it was time for the talk show queen to have a chit chat with none other than the first lady, Michelle Obama. Reportedly, the latter flew to Chicago on January 21, in order to tape for an episode of “The Oprah Winfrey Show”, that would be aired on January 27.
Michelle Obama would be one of the last guests of the legendary talk show, that lasted for more than 25 years. Reportedly, the show would be called off air very soon, as its host would now be consumed with her channel OWN. The other two hosts who would also be accompanying the first lady, are Tom Brokaw and Bob Woodward, the two ace American journalists. Michelle Obama has a special reason to appear on the show. Apart from being the wife of the President, she is also known for her social work and campaign in favor of the military families. Reportedly, she has traveled to several places and interacted with the family members of these military men, to know about their “needs and concerns”. In the show, she would be discussing about the “strength and resilience” of these families and how the spouses and the children of the U.S military servicemen and women can be helped by the rest of the population, through voluntary actions.
Similarly, Tom Brokaw, who is the author of the book named “The Greatest Generation”, would streamline his focus more on the World War 2 veterans. Bob Woodward, the Washington Post editor, would discuss about the problems of Navy veterans, as he has himself been one of them and wrote several books dedicated to the seamen of America.
- Michelle Obama 'to appear on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' - Jan 22, 2011
- Michelle Obama To Make An Appearance On "The Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 25, 2011
- Michelle Obama: Tapes An Appearance For The Oprah Winfrey Show - Jan 22, 2011
- Spiderman 4: J.K. Simmons Discloses His Scrapped Character Arc - Jan 22, 2011
- Michelle & Barack Obama grace Oprah Winfrey's show - May 03, 2011
- Michelle Obama to appear on iCarly - Jun 09, 2011
- Michelle Obama says she thinks about military families when she's down - Jan 27, 2011
- Oprah - The Queen Of Daytime TV - Oct 18, 2010
- Piers Morgan Ropes In Oprah Winfrey As Talk Show Guest - Jan 07, 2011
- Michelle Obama Is The Motivation Behind Oprah Winfrey Becoming A J. Crew Investor - Apr 26, 2010
- Oprah's warmth bowls over B-town celebs - Jan 17, 2012
- Michelle Obama 'world's most powerful woman' - Oct 07, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey Reveals Her Favorite Items In "Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things" 2010 - Nov 22, 2010
- Winfrey descends on White House for a sit down with Obamas - Dec 04, 2009
- Rosie O'Donnell Bags Day Time Show On OWN - Aug 08, 2010
Tags: american journalists, bob woodward, chit chat, first lady, greatest generation, meena, michelle obama, military families, military men, military servicemen, navy veterans, oprah winfrey, oprah winfrey show, resilience, seamen, tom brokaw, voluntary actions, washington post, world war 2, world war 2 veterans