Micheal Jackson Sued Over Jackson Five ConcertJune 20th, 2009 - 9:25 pm ICT by GD
Michael Jackson and legal hassles have almost become synonymous, with the King of pop getting dragged in to court every now and then for various kinds of issues. Now Jackson is back in the news for all the wrong reasons again. A concert promoter has sued Jackson for $ 40 million for breach of contract over the Jackson 5 reunion show.
The official statement from Allgood Entertainment, the concert promoter, is that the company had come to an official agreement with Jackson and his manager regarding all the terms last November. The agreement had stated in clear terms that Jackson was not to appear for any other concert within 90 days of the reunion concert.
The singer has however violated the terms of the agreement with Allgood Entertainment by agreeing to appear for the 02 concert being held at London this summer. The famous singer has allotted 50 dates to the 02 concert, which leads to a breach of the contract that had been drawn between the two parties. The court papers clearly justify what Allgood Entertainment is saying.
The concert promoter for the 02 concert in London is a company called the AEG, who is also mentioned in the court papers that has been filed by Allgood Entertainment. Allgood Entertainment have stated that AEG was also aware of the terms and conditions of the agreement that have been drawn up. AEG, till now, has made no comment on the matter.
A managing partner for the Allgood, Patrick Allocco has said, “We’ve given Michael Jackson and AEG every opportunity, publicly and privately, to resolve this matter and to date we have not heard from anyone.” He further clarified in his statement,”What we’re looking for is for our clients to be involved in the London concerts or be compensated for agreements they entered in to.”
- Federal Judge In America Invalidates A Lawsuit Against The Deceased Michael Jackson - Aug 20, 2010
- $300m lawsuit against MJ dismissed - Aug 20, 2010
- Jacko sued in bid to put off London comeback gigs - Jun 11, 2009
- Jackson's family allowed to sue concert organisers - Feb 04, 2011
- MJ's estate facing $300m lawsuit - Oct 25, 2009
- MJ's mum sues concert promoter over son's death - Sep 16, 2010
- Jacko's London concert in trouble - May 12, 2009
- Joe Jackson files complaint against MJ's concert promoters - Jun 18, 2010
- Jackson's doctor faces death charge - Jan 04, 2011
- MJ's parents reunite 'to sue doctor for his death' - Nov 07, 2010
- MJ's 'This Is It' comeback concert contract leaked online - Aug 21, 2009
- Columbia, AEG Live ink Michael Jackson deal - Aug 06, 2009
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- AEG fires back at MJ family lawsuit - Sep 17, 2010
- MJ death probe: Police raid his regular Beverly Hills pharmacy - Aug 22, 2009
Tags: aeg, breach of contract, concert in london, concert promoter, famous singer, jackson 5, jackson five, king of pop, last november, legal hassles, london concerts, michael jackson, micheal jackson, reunion concert