Michael Phelps splashes $1.69mln on Baltimore condo with a pool, JucuzziAugust 22nd, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by ANI
New York, August 22 (ANI): Olympic golden boy Michael Phelps has purchased a new 4,080-square-foot pad in Baltimore for 1.69 million dollars, which has facilities like a pool and a Jucuzzi.
The winner of a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics will get to enjoy a great view from his new home on the rejuvenated Baltimore waterfront, the celebrity Web site TMZ reports.
Phelps has also bought the Meadowbrook Swim Club & Northwest Ice Rink in Baltimore, which he and his coach Bob Bowman want to turn into an elite Olympic training centre.
The ace swimmer has expressed his wish to buy a new car too.
“My friend’’s in the car business, so he’’s going to help me,” the New York Daily News quoted him as saying on Wednesday, before leaving Beijing.
“I”ve been looking at some Aston Martins and some Maseratis. It would be pretty sweet to get an old-school Aston Martin, some of the old-school (James) Bond ones. That would be sick,” he added. (ANI)
- Olympics: Michael Phelps bids farewell - Aug 05, 2012
- Phelps wants to have fun at Olympic swansong - Jul 27, 2012
- Phelps gives up 200m for London Olympics - Jul 03, 2012
- Is Michael Phelps dating Brittny Gastineau? - Nov 16, 2010
- Olympics swimming: Rochte claims gold, Phelps off podium (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Michael Phelps makes a splash at Vegas bash - Jun 22, 2010
- Phelps, Lochte showdown in 200m medley - Aug 02, 2012
- Michael Phelps getting serious about golf? - Oct 11, 2010
- Can Olympic champion Phelps continue where he left off? - Jul 22, 2009
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
- Aston Martin launches dealership in India - Apr 15, 2011
- Phelps confirms retirement after London Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic gatecrasher now hogs limelight in virtual world (Olympic diary) - Aug 04, 2012
- Phelps caps career with gold in Olympic relay - Aug 05, 2012
- A love story on ice! - Sep 10, 2010