Michael Moore sues Weinsteins over FahrenheitFebruary 8th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) If you watched the phenomenally popular political documentary ‘Fahrenheit 9/11’ and bothered to look at the credits, you will have noticed that the director was listed as one Michael Moore. Of course, Michael Moore is not a new name in the showbiz industry, having directed several other remarkable titles. And now, in a not-so-strange turn of events, it has emerged that Michael Moore is suing Weinsteins, the company which distributed Fahrenheit 9/11.
The gist of his lawsuit, which is already in the registry of Los Angeles Superior Court, is that Michael Moore didn’t get all the money he ought to get from Fahrenheit 9/11. Reason wherefore he is looking for, among other things, compensatory damages (and legal costs, in the event of his suit succeeding). Emerging reports indicate that Michael Moore is specifically seeking $2.7 million – and that he is also contemplating seeking further damages, should an audit reveal that he is entitled to more.
Weinsteins is not taking all this lying down. They have already engaged the services of attorney Bert Fields, who has said that Michael Moore ‘has received every cent he is entitled to,’ setting the stage for what is likely to be a bruising court battle. We will keep our ears on the ground, and give you updates on any new developments to this interesting story. Watch this space, is all we can say.
- Michael Moore sues Weinstein brothers for $2.7m - Feb 09, 2011
- Michael Moore Sues Weinstein Brothers Over "Fahrenheit 9/11" - Feb 08, 2011
- Moore, Weinsteins settle 'Fahrenheit' suit - Feb 17, 2012
- Michael Moore, Director Of The Antiestablishment Film, 'Fahrenheit 9/11', Sues The Weinsteins - Feb 08, 2011
- WikiLeaks: US intervened in `Fahrenheit 9/11' screening - Dec 23, 2010
- Former Kiwi PM accused US of 'bullying' over Fahrenheit 9/11 film screening - Dec 24, 2010
- 'Khuda Kay Liye', 'Fahrenheit 9/11' best cinematic works on WTC attack - Sep 09, 2011
- Fahrenheit 9/11 'most successful US documentary ever' - Feb 09, 2011
- 'Arrested Development' new season coming up - Oct 03, 2011
- Michael Moore wants to be White House Chief of Staff - Sep 15, 2010
- Jackson's estate sues memorabilia company - Jan 21, 2011
- Student shocks Canada with stunt inside parliament - Jun 06, 2011
- P. Diddy Sued For $900 Billion For Bringing Down World Trade Center! - Jan 29, 2011
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher go for a camping trip - Oct 12, 2011
- Clooney, Roberts sue electronics companies - May 02, 2012
Tags: angeles superior court, bert fields, compensatory damages, documentary, ears, fahrenheit 9 11, gist, interesting story, los angeles superior court, michael moore, money, new developments, showbiz, strange turn