Michael Lohan sentenced to probationNovember 17th, 2011 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 17 (IANS) Actress Lindsay Lohan’s estranged father Michael has been sentenced to two years probation after pleading no contest to four domestic violence charges.
The 51-year-old entered a no contest plea to domestic violence charges in a Tampa court Wednesday, but escaped a possible four-year jail sentence, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“He will not serve any jail time. I believe he was pleased with the result, he should be. It was a good result and it will benefit him,” Michael’s lawyer Michael Perry told radaronline.com.
In addition to probation, Michael will also spend four months working at the Teen Challenge International programme.
Michael was accused of attacking his on-and-off girlfriend Kate Major, and was arrested Oct 25.
- Lohan's dad again in trouble - Oct 28, 2011
- Michael Lohan feels lucky to be alive - Jan 05, 2012
- I support the judge's decision: Lohan - May 12, 2011
- Lindsay starts community service - May 07, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- Michael Lohan charged with domestic violence - Nov 09, 2011
- LiLo 'to plead no contest' in $2,500 necklace theft case - May 01, 2011
- Lohan enjoys night out - Jul 03, 2011
- DA 'insists' Lohan should serve jail time if any plea deal is reached - Feb 12, 2011
- Lohan swears off dating - Apr 04, 2012
- Reality TV star Alexis Neiers arrested for probation violation - Dec 02, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at home - May 12, 2011
- Lohan to open boutiques with mom - Feb 11, 2011
- Lohan in jail again - Nov 08, 2011
- Lindsay turns down plea deal in necklace theft - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: actress lindsay, contest plea, domestic violence, four months, girlfriend kate, jail sentence, jail time, lawyer, lindsay lohan, london, pleading no contest, probation, sentence reports, teen challenge international