Michael Lohan furious with ‘enabler’ ex-wifeDecember 23rd, 2010 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 23 (IANS) Michael Lohan has called ex-wife Dina an “enabler” after news surfaced that she advised daughter Lindsay not to take a drug test.”Dina made the mistake of being overheard telling Lindsay - and the other girls she is living with - not to take a drug test,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Michael as saying.
“It’s enabling even in rehab. How sad. Are you kidding me? If this was all handled the right way, with honesty, none of this would have happened,” he added.
He also revealed that Lindsay - who tested negative for drugs and alcohol after the incident, is considering suing the clinic after staff member Dawn Holland spoke out about her clash with the actress, resulting in the worker being dismissed from her job.
Lindsay could sue the Betty Ford Center clinic for millions of dollars, he said.
“For this woman to speak publicly and break a patient’s confidentiality is unheard of in the rehab and medical field. This is a big, big issue and it’s an open-and-shut case: one of their people spoke out and that’s that. Bottom line, you can’t do that,” Michael said.
“She is personally liable for this gross invasion of privacy, as is the Betty Ford Center. Lindsay doesn’t need this or deserve it when she worked so hard and has come too far for this to happen.”
Lindsay is under a court order to stay in the facility until Jan 3.
- Lindsay Lohan: Controversies Haunt Her Again - Dec 23, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Gets Ready For New Life In New Year - Dec 31, 2010
- LiLo's mother shopping post rehab interview - Oct 16, 2010
- Rehab worker sacked after claiming LiLo assaulted her - Dec 22, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's Dad Commissions A Singer To Dedicate A Song To His Daughter - Jan 03, 2011
- Lindsay allows dad to visit her - Oct 27, 2010
- LiLo celebrates 100 days of sobriety - Dec 17, 2010
- Dina Lohan doesn't want ex at rehab - Nov 15, 2010
- Lohan planning rehab for kids - Nov 09, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan: What Led Her To Another Scuffle Again? - Jan 05, 2011
- Lindsay not to meet her dad - Oct 16, 2010
- Doctors against Lindsay's mom acting as manager - Oct 20, 2010
- Lindsay getting financial support from father - Jan 22, 2011
- 911 call of LiLo's rehab scuffle released - Apr 02, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan is hurt by Gwyneth Paltrow's Glee statement - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: actress, betty ford, betty ford center, bottom line, clash, confidentiality, daughter lindsay, dawn, drug test, drugs and alcohol, ford, girls, holland, honesty, invasion of privacy, medical field, michael lohan, mistake, rehab, staff member