Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” Video To Hit Big Screen?October 30th, 2010 - 8:42 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Oct 30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) With Halloween knocking our doors, new buzz that surrounds the media is that Michael Jackson’s 14 minute music video “Thriller” might return as a movie for the fans. A reputed media source reported that the King of Pop’s choreographer Kenny Ortega is in talks to make the music video a movie. However, there is no confirmation of the news yet as the choreographer has not commented anything about the movie yet.
The media sources are claiming that the new unnamed movie’s script will be penned down by Jeremy Garelick. On the other hand a bidding war is reportedly going on for the right’s of the video as Lionsgate and Fox 2000 wants to get the rights of the film. The video is one of the famous videos of Michael Jackson where the singer is seen turning into a werewolf at the end of it. The video also features a number of zombies and the dances among them as he tries to woo the her lady love. John Landis, the original director of the video is also said to be lined up for the project.
Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video was released on December 1983 and in January 2010 it became the first music video which was included in the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress. The music video is still considered to be among the greatest effort in the television medium. The renowned rapper Kanye West said that the “Thriller” video inspired him to make his music video “Runaway”. The story of the film is still unknown and it would possibly include late film actor Vincent Price the town where he grew up.
- Jackson's 'Thriller' to be adapted into movie - Oct 28, 2010
- ‘Thriller’ Ready To Make It Big Again - Nov 01, 2010
- The National Film Registry Includes Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' - Jan 03, 2010
- Jackson's 'Thriller' to be inducted in the US Congress archives - Jan 01, 2010
- New Single Of The Deceased But Immortal Michael Jackson Debuts In The Market As A Stream - Nov 14, 2010
- Marilyn Manson beats MJ to 'Scariest Music Video' top spot - Oct 31, 2010
- MJ's 'Thriller' voted 'Greatest Video Of All Time' - Nov 30, 2009
- Marilyn Manson's 'Sweet Dreams' named Scariest Music Video - Nov 01, 2010
- Michael Jackson DVD set for January release - Dec 01, 2009
- Glee to cover 'Thriller' in post Super Bowl episode - Jan 14, 2011
- Film songs acted as catalyst of change in India: Luke Kenny - Aug 28, 2011
- Kanye West to release longest ever music video - Sep 16, 2010
- Michael Jackson was planning 'Thriller' movie - Nov 01, 2009
- A 'Box Set' Of MJ's Music To Be Launched On November 22nd - Oct 18, 2010
- 'Dirty Dancing' remake in process - Aug 10, 2011
Tags: bidding war, choreographer, film actor, first music, gina gomez, jeremy garelick, john landis, kanye west, kenny ortega, king of pop, library of congress, lionsgate, media source, media sources, minute music, national film registry, television medium, thriller video, vincent price, werewolf