Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ jacket to be auctionedJune 26th, 2011 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Michael Jackson’s red and black jacket he wore in his famous “Thriller” music video will be auctioned off at the Julien’s Auctions Gallery in California.
The jacket, which is the top lot among other thing of the King of Pop to go on sale at Sunday auction, is valued between $200,000 and $400,000.
Part of the proceeds from the jacket will go the Shambala Preserve, where Jackson’s two Bengal tigers Thriller and Sabu lived after the pop idol left his Neverland ranch in 2006, the organisers said.
Michael Jackson died at a Los Angeles hospital June 25, 2009 at the age of 50. His Thriller album sold more than 50 million copies worldwide, making it the best selling album of all time.
- Moscow to host Michael Jackson's photo exhibition - Nov 22, 2011
- Jackson's clothes fetch millions at auction - Dec 07, 2010
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011
- MJ's glove sold for $330K at auction - Dec 06, 2010
- Michael Jackson's glove sold for $330K at auction - Dec 07, 2010
- MJ's crystal-studded glove fetches $190,000 - Jun 28, 2010
- Fans want Michael Jackson monument in Moscow - Aug 30, 2012
- Michael Jackson memorabilia up for grabs - Jun 27, 2009
- Michael Jackson's Swarovski glove up for grabs - Aug 17, 2010
- Police crack down on Michael Jackson fans in Russia - Jun 27, 2012
- Michael Jackson Fans To Spend Night Amidst His Possessions - May 24, 2010
- Rice Farmer uses a Michael Jackson scarecrow - Oct 08, 2010
- Mariah Carey bidding for MJ's furniture - Jun 25, 2010
- Princess Diana's 'Fuschia Pink Evening Dress' fetches $205K - Oct 20, 2010
- MJ's kids want to 'buy back Neverland' - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,