Michael Jackson to perform 50 shows at O2March 13th, 2009 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 13 (ANI): King of pop Michael Jackson will be performing 50 shows at the Londons O2 arena, continuing his last ever gigs well into 2010.
The 50-year-old star has added new shows throughout the first two months of the year, ending February 24.
Around 360,000 pre-sale tickets have been sold out so far and if all 50 dates sell out, Jacko will have sold a million seats for his shows.
According to the show organisers, the Thriller hitmakers This Is It tour has become the fastest selling in history, with 33 seats sold each minute.
Jackson is said to be “thrilled” by the response.
“Not only are these concerts unparalleled, these records will never be broken, The BBC quoted Randy Phillips of promoters AEG Live as saying.
“We knew this was show business history, but this is a cultural phenomenon,” he added.
The tickets for the Jackson shows are already being sold on the online auction website eBay. (ANI)
- Jackomania grips people worldwide - Mar 13, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Jackos comeback tour in tickets row - Mar 14, 2009
- Jacko's fans ready to pay six times more for O2 gigs' tickets - May 07, 2009
- China tea costs more than gold! - Mar 23, 2012
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- Jacko often forgot to eat and had to be 'force fed' while preparing for O2 gigs - Jul 02, 2009
- More tickets for Jacko's comeback gigs up for grabs - Jun 24, 2009
- Jacko could have sold out London 02 Arena for 2yrs - Mar 16, 2009
- Michael Jackson's "This Is It" in theatres Oct 30 - Aug 12, 2009
- Jacko 'thrilled' to do 50 comeback gigs in London - Jun 06, 2009
- Jacksons to take over London shows? - Jul 01, 2009
- Chris Martin struggling to get tickets for Jackos London gigs - Mar 25, 2009
- George Lopez Gets Entry To Nokia Theatre Hall Of Fame - Dec 16, 2009
Tags: aeg, auction website, bbc, business history, concerts, ebay, gigs, king of pop, london, michael jackson, months of the year, old star, online auction, phenomenon, pop michael jackson, promoters, randy phillips, show business, thriller