Michael Jackson to earn $400m from comeback dealMarch 7th, 2009 - 1:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 7 (ANI): King of pop Michael Jackson is likely to rake in 400million dollars from his comeback deal involving new music and movies as well as concerts, according to his promoter.
Randy Phillips, head of AEG Live, which is staging the gigs, said they had a wider deal that could cover a world tour and a 3D film based on Thriller.
“We”re talking to him about helping him figure a new plan for the release of singles, new music,” The BBC quoted Phillips as saying.
The 50-year-old star made a rare public appearance to confirm his return to stage with the series of ten gigs in Londons O2 arena.
He described them as “the final curtain call” and “my final show performances in London.
“These will be the last shows in London. Whether he will go on from here around the world… this will be his last tour, he said.
“All he’’s agreed to are the London shows at this point,” he added.
Phillips revealed that AEG Live has a “broader relationship” with Jackson.
“If we complete the full three-and-a-half year plan, he could gross over 400m dollars in that time. London could be north of 50m dollars,” he said. (ANI)
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Michael Jackson has three-year comeback plan: report - Mar 07, 2009
- Jacksons to take over London shows? - Jul 01, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- MJ's estate facing $300m lawsuit - Oct 25, 2009
- Plans for feature film of MJ's show rehearsals underway - Aug 06, 2009
- Jacko doing UK tour 'to build trust fund for his kids' - Jun 02, 2009
- Jacko's opening gigs delay 'not due to health' - May 22, 2009
- MJ wanted to recreate Victoria Falls on 'This Is It' stage - Oct 16, 2009
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- MJ's tests for O2 gigs must have been on Nasa astronaut's body, joke insurers - Aug 05, 2009
- Jackos comeback tour in tickets row - Mar 14, 2009
- Jacko postpones opening gigs of London comeback tour - May 21, 2009
- MJ's 'This Is It' comeback concert contract leaked online - Aug 21, 2009
- Michael Jackson to perform 50 shows at O2 - Mar 13, 2009
Tags: 3d film, 400m, aeg live, bbc, concerts, final curtain call, gigs, half year, king of pop, michael jackson, new music, old star, phillips head, pop michael jackson, promoter, randy phillips, rare public appearance, relationship, shows in london, thriller