Michael Jackson to be buried in LA on July 7July 2nd, 2009 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 2 (IANS) The last rites of pop legend Michael Jackson, who died following cardiac arrest last week, would be conducted in Los Angeles next Tuesday, according to thesun.co.uk.
The funeral will be held at Los Angeles’ Staples Center, which is owned by AEG Live, the event management company behind the singer’s comeback tour at London’s O2 arena.
Proceedings of Jackson’s funeral will begin at 10 a.m.
According to sources, AEG will put up gigantic screens outside the facility for the thousands of fans who will not be able to get inside to see the funeral proceedings.
Earlier reports suggested that Jackson’s family was opting for traditional Islamic burial rituals for the late pop legend.
- Jackson's final rehearsal to be cut into last album - Jun 29, 2009
- Michael Jackson wants disabled child for his shows - Jun 18, 2009
- This is it - eBay to refund Jackson's concert tickets - Jun 28, 2009
- Actors urged to avoid Jackson documentary - Aug 30, 2009
- Jackson's family allowed to sue concert organisers - Feb 04, 2011
- Jacko's family rule out public viewing at Neverland Ranch - Jul 02, 2009
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Michael Jackson's kids visit him without customary masks - Jun 05, 2009
- MJ's parents 'hire private detectives to probe son's death' - Aug 05, 2009
- Jackson rents Stewart's mansion - Mar 11, 2009
- Jackson in Britain for comeback tour - Mar 04, 2009
- Jackson likely to be buried in Islamic tradition - Jul 02, 2009
- Jacko's long-time costumers to design his burial suit - Jul 04, 2009
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011