Michael Jackson slept with eyes open?April 12th, 2010 - 2:54 am ICT by IANS
London, April 12 (IANS) Late pop legend Michael Jackson slept with his eyes open, a court is to be told.
The dead star’s ex-wives and lovers are to be called to testify to confirm the latest astonishing fact about his private life, as their evidence will be used by defence lawyers representing Conrad Murray as he fights a homicide charge, reports newsoftheworld.co.uk.
Murray aims to prove how difficult it was to tell whether Jackson was asleep or awake.
Debbie Rowe, mother of the King of Pop’s eldest kids Prince and Paris, Lisa-Marie Presley and nanny Grace Rwaramba, who he called his “wife”, will be quizzed at Murray’s trial this year.
Jackson, 50, died from “acute Propofol intoxication” June 25 last year. Murray, 56, is charged with manslaughter over claims he injected the singer with a fatal dose of the anaesthetic.
The cardiologist’s defence team have evidence the seasoned drug user often appeared awake when asleep.
They say he would have his eyes open and his pupils would be dilated when he was on Propofol.
“Conrad Murray’s future is at stake here and we will do all we can to prove that he did not deliver a fatal overdose to Jackson. We are going to call the significant others in Jackson’s life to talk about his long-term drug use and behaviour,” said a defence source.
“We’ve found he would appear dopey and sleep with his eyes open when he had taken meds. We want the women closest to him to verify this. We’ll also ask his doctors about how he slept after being knocked out. This could be a key part in the defence… This wasn’t a case of a doctor giving a fatal dose to a clean patient. Jackson had a long history of extensive drug use,” the source added.
Murray’s lawyer Ed Chernoff confirmed they will quiz family members about Jackson’s secret life. His defence will claim Jackson killed himself accidentally by self-injecting a fatal dose of the anaesthetic. They say poor health after years of drug abuse prompted a heart attack.
- 'MJ slept with his eyes open' - Apr 11, 2010
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Conrad Murray seeks fingerprint test on syringe found under MJ's deathbed - Mar 18, 2011
- Murrey wants new prison - Jun 19, 2012
- MJ's doc pleads not guilty - Jan 26, 2011
- Michael Jackson administered drugs himself? - Apr 06, 2010
- Doctor admits he gave powerful anaesthetic before Jackson died - Oct 08, 2011
- Michael Jackson's last words revealed - Nov 09, 2011
- Jackson's doctor faces death charge - Jan 04, 2011
- La Toya Jackson to sing at MJ tribute show - Oct 01, 2011
- Lost videotapes could clear MJ's doc - Apr 03, 2011
- Murray 'ordered over 250 vials of Propofol in months before MJ's death' - Jan 11, 2011
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- Tito: Murray should be jailed for life - Nov 10, 2011
- Dr. Conrad Murray's defense to claim MJ gave himself fatal drug overdose - Apr 05, 2010
Tags: anaesthetic, astonishing fact, cardiologist, chernoff, dead star, debbie rowe, defence lawyers, defence team, fatal overdose, grace rwaramba, homicide charge, intoxication, king of pop, lisa marie, lisa marie presley, manslaughter, poor health, pop legend, significant others, wives and lovers