Michael Jackson named top earning dead celebrityOctober 27th, 2010 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 27 (IANS) Late pop legend Michael Jackson has topped a list of the highest-earning deceased celebrities after making more money in the past year than 12 other dead stars combined, including Elvis Presley and John Lennon.
Jackson, who died in June last year, posthumously pulled in $289 million over the past 12 months with his catalogue and merchandising deals.
“This Is It”, which documented his ill-fated preparations for the London stage performance, also made $264 million at the box office.
Jackson’s earnings were greater than the total combined earnings of the 12 other dead stars on Forbes magazine’s list, including Presley, Lord of the Rings author J.R.R. Tolkien, Peanuts animator Charles Schulz and Beatles legend Lennon, who rounded out the top five respectively.
- MJ named 'Top-Earning Dead Celeb' - Oct 26, 2010
- Jackson top earner among dead celebrities - Oct 26, 2011
- Michael Jackson movie earned $20 mn on first full day - Oct 30, 2009
- Michael Jackson earned $90 million after death - Oct 28, 2009
- Ledger joins list of celebs who make more from the grave than when alive - Jan 27, 2009
- Elvis, Ledger top-earning dead celebrities - Oct 30, 2008
- Cate Blanchett joins 'The Hobbit' cast - Dec 09, 2010
- Jackson voted greatest singer of all time - Jun 22, 2011
- MJ may become top-earning dead star - Aug 14, 2009
- FBI spied on Beatles, Michael Jackson, even KFC boss - Apr 14, 2011
- Kristen Stewart tops the highest paid actress list - Jun 20, 2012
- U2 'World's Highest-Earning Band' - Jul 17, 2010
- Yves Saint Laurent named Top-Earning Dead Celebrity by Forbes - Oct 28, 2009
- Jackson offers chance to visit 'Hobbit' sets - Dec 26, 2011
- Sir Tom Jones to headline Elvis Presley tribute gig - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,