Michael Jackson forced to undergo 50 health testsMarch 5th, 2009 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 5 (IANS) Pop legend Michael Jackson has undergone a series of 50 health checks to prove his fitness to perform a series of his upcoming London concerts, it has been revealed.
Doubts about the 50-year-old star’s fitness prompted promoters to seek undertakings on his well-being, reports dailymail.co.uk.
A source close to AEG, the American owner of the O2 arena, which is paying Jackson 150 million pounds for around 30 shows, insisted the pop star submitted himself to a series of rigorous medical check-ups before the deal was agreed.
AEG has also obtained insurance against Jackson falling ill and being unable to perform.
“The concerts will be absolutely amazing. Jackson will sing and also dance. He would have to be in good health or else nobody would insure the concerts and we obviously have got insurance,” said a source from AEG.
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Jackson's family allowed to sue concert organisers - Feb 04, 2011
- Leona Lewis 'lined up for Jackson tribute show' - Jul 13, 2009
- Michael Jackson wants disabled child for his shows - Jun 18, 2009
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- MJ's mum sues concert promoter over son's death - Sep 16, 2010
- Jackson's final rehearsal to be cut into last album - Jun 29, 2009
- Jackson's doctor faces death charge - Jan 04, 2011
- AEG fires back at MJ family lawsuit - Sep 17, 2010
- Joe Jackson files complaint against MJ's concert promoters - Jun 18, 2010
- MJ's weakened state during tours 'a defense evidence for Murray' - Jan 01, 2011
- MJ 'could have been saved' - Sep 12, 2010
- Jackson family fuming over "This Is It" movie - Sep 18, 2009
Tags: aeg, check ups, doubts, fitness, good health, health checks, health tests, insurance, london concerts, london march, medical check, michael jackson, old star, pop legend, pop star, promoters, undertakings, ups