Michael Douglas vows not to succumb to his cancerSeptember 13th, 2010 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 13 (ANI): Cancer-stricken Michael Douglas refuses to surrender himself to the disease because he believes doctors when they tell him he has a good chance of fully recovering.
The movie star was diagnosed with stage four throat cancer this summer and is currently undergoing intensive treatment in a bid to beat the killer disease.
Douglas has earlier asked fans not to feel sorry for him saying he is a fighter.
“I like my odds. I’m not dealing with mortality issues until they tell me, ‘Oops, we have to go back and do surgery’, or something like that. The tumor is shrinking. The odds are good… I haven’t found God yet,” the Daily Express quoted him as telling USA Today.
“I was really upset early on, but I’ve had time to realise that (stuff) happens,” he said.
However, Douglas admits his bad days are already terrible and he has taken to drinking aloe-infused water to ease the pain in his throat from radiation treatment and chemotherapy.
“I have the treatments in the morning. They tend to kind of knock me out till usually the early afternoon. I lie down and take it easy,” he said.
And he is making sure his young kids with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones are well aware of what dad’s going through by occasionally taking them to hospital with him.
“They’ve been fine. I’ve taken them down to the hospital and shown them the whole radiology thing. They’ve watched me actually get zapped.
“I don’t know what else you would do. It’s what it is,” he added. (ANI)
- Michael Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment - Dec 01, 2010
- Proud of Zeta-Jones for seeking help: Demi Lovato - Apr 15, 2011
- Douglas honoured with Palm Springs icon award - Jan 16, 2011
- British stiff upper lip caused Catherine Zeta-Jones' break down: Michael Douglas - Apr 27, 2011
- Douglas' kids unaware about Zeta-Jones bipolar struggle - May 11, 2011
- Zeta-Jones 'had a good cry' when she heard Douglas' tumour had gone - Jan 12, 2011
- Zeta-Jones checks into mental health facility - Apr 14, 2011
- Douglas, Zeta-Jones to renew wedding vows - Sep 16, 2010
- Catherine Zeta Jones' agony over Michael Douglas's throat cancer - Sep 05, 2010
- Catherine Zeta-Jones quits smoking - Aug 07, 2011
- Michael Douglas says his tumour has vanished - Jan 11, 2011
- Cancer helped bring together Douglas' family - Sep 25, 2010
- Michael Douglas says cancer has shown him what family really is - Nov 30, 2010
- Catherine Zeta-Jones at cancer risk? - Sep 12, 2010
- Zeta-Jones doing great: Michael Douglas - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: aloe, catherine zeta jones, chemotherapy, dad, daily express, doctors, early afternoon, good chance, intensive treatment, killer disease, michael douglas, mortality, movie star, odds, radiation treatment, throat cancer, tumor, usa today, wife catherine, young kids