Michael Douglas ice-cream gift brings his father to tearsMarch 17th, 2009 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 17 (ANI): Michael Douglass father Kirk was brought to tears after his superstar son presented him with an ice-cream cone at the close of the final night of his one-man show on March 15.
The gift, which may have seemed odd for many, was a huge, symbolic gesture for Kirk Douglas, reports Contactmusic.
The Wall Street actor was performing on stage at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City, California.
During the show, Kirk revealed that his father never paid much of attention to him until the day when he went to see his son’’s first acting appearance in a kindergarten play.
Although Douglas” dad never praised his son for his acting skills, he bought the young Kirk an ice-cream cone.
The 92-year-old Hollywood legend revealed that the cone was his “personal Oscar”, and thats what encouraged him to become an actor. (ANI)
- Actor Michael Douglas regrets sacrificing fatherhood for the sake of his acting career - Sep 07, 2010
- Douglas to be honoured with award for film excellence - Sep 09, 2011
- Gucci Mane Gets An Ice-Cream Tattoo On His Right Cheek - Jan 14, 2011
- Michael Douglas says that he found his dad Kirk very intimidating - Oct 03, 2010
- No lavish gifts for Farrell's children - Aug 19, 2012
- Cancer-stricken Douglas regrets neglecting fatherhood for movie carrier - Sep 06, 2010
- No expensive gifts for Farrell's kids - Aug 18, 2012
- Michael Douglas all praises for his 'surrogate father' - Oct 04, 2010
- For Jones, Douglas is the man - Feb 13, 2011
- Michael Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment - Dec 01, 2010
- "It's a Free Cone Day" at Haagen Dazs today - May 11, 2011
- Swami Vivekananda was fond of dal, American ice-cream: New biography - Apr 04, 2011
- Robbing to watch movies, four held - Mar 28, 2011
- Catherine Zeta-Jones takes marriage tips from father-in-law - Feb 14, 2011
- 'Ferrari...' reminds Sanjay Dutt of his dad - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: acting skills, appearance, cream cone, culver city california, dad, hollywood, hollywood legend, kindergarten, kirk douglas, kirk douglas theatre, man show, michael douglas, michael douglass, old hollywood, symbolic gesture, wall street, wall street actor