Michael Douglas conferred Lifetime Achievement AwardJune 14th, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 14 (IANS) Hollywood star Michael Douglas was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the American Film Institute in a star-studded ceremony in California.
The “Fatal Attraction” actor was presented with the prize by veteran actor Jack Nicholson at Sony Studios in Culver City, California, June 11, reported contactmusic.com.
The ceremony also included tributes from his father Kirk Douglas, who received the same award in 1991, and wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, who took to the stage with a troupe of dancers to perform a routine from her multiple-Oscar winning film “Chicago”.
The night also boasted a surprise musical appearance from folk legend Bob Dylan.
Kirk Douglas subsequently took to his Internet blog to relive the evening’s events.
“This is the first time that a father and son have both received the Lifetime Achievement Award. I have mixed feelings, am I not too young to have a son receive the Lifetime Achievement Award? Nevertheless, it was a wonderful evening and they showed clips of most of Michael’s pictures. I didn’t realise Michael’s versatility. It was a nice nostalgic evening,” he posted.
- Douglas to be honoured with award for film excellence - Sep 09, 2011
- Michael Douglas In Deliberations To Pen An Autobiography Purportedly - Jan 17, 2011
- Catherine Zeta-Jones takes marriage tips from father-in-law - Feb 14, 2011
- Zeta-Jones not pregnant - Jan 26, 2012
- For Jones, Douglas is the man - Feb 13, 2011
- Douglas, Zeta-Jones to renew wedding vows - Sep 16, 2010
- Douglas honoured with Palm Springs icon award - Jan 16, 2011
- Douglas' kids unaware about Zeta-Jones bipolar struggle - May 11, 2011
- Douglas to receive Monte Cristo Award - Dec 16, 2011
- Brangelina to host Olympic party? - Jun 14, 2012
- Michael Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment - Dec 01, 2010
- Michael Douglas forgets to thank son at Chaplin Award speech - May 26, 2010
- Douglas, Zeta-Jones holidaying in Turkey - Jul 06, 2011
- Actor Michael Douglas regrets sacrificing fatherhood for the sake of his acting career - Sep 07, 2010
- Michael Douglas opens up about family woes - Mar 02, 2010
Tags: actor jack nicholson, american film institute, bob dylan, catherine zeta jones, culver city california, fatal attraction, father and son, folk legend, hollywood star, jack nicholson, june 14, kirk douglas, lifetime achievement award, michael douglas, mixed feelings, sony studios, tributes, versatility, veteran actor, wife catherine