Michael Caine’s daughter banned from watching his new filmApril 27th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 27 (ANI): Veteran actor Michael Caine’s wife is so upset with his role of a dying man in his new film that she has banned their pregnant daughter from watching it.
In the film ‘Is Anybody There’, the 73-year-old actor plays the role a retired magician, crumbling into the final stages of a long life.
His wife Shakira found the film so disturbing that she has banned their pregnant daughter, Natasha, from seeing it.
“She didn’t like it one little bit,” the Guardian quoted Caine, who supports his wife’s decision, as saying.
“Shakira explained how she felt to me the other day. I said to her, ‘But you have seen me die in lots of movies’. ‘No,’ she said, ‘I have only seen you killed in movies. In this movie you die as an old man’. It touched her,” he added.
Caine hopes to earn an Academy Award for his leading role in the film. (ANI)
- Marriage breakdown my fault: Caine - Jul 24, 2012
- 'Indian audiences have become very intelligent' - Jul 04, 2011
- Sir Michael Caine insists he was 'never a philanderer' - Oct 03, 2010
- Sir Michael Caine's on-screen death brings wife to tears - Apr 06, 2009
- Johansson loves the 'Black Widow' - Mar 20, 2012
- Wild Mark Wahlberg now prefers quiet life - Mar 18, 2012
- There's still child labour on movie sets: Sarika (Interview) - Feb 17, 2011
- Dhanush's song leaked online (Tamil Movie Snippets) - Nov 14, 2011
- Sir Michael Caine thanks France for the wrong award - Jan 07, 2011
- Clooney can't relate to 'The Descendents' role - Jan 22, 2012
- Trishala not allowed to enter into showbiz, says Sanjay Dutt - Jan 17, 2012
- Global exposure has made Gulshan Grover more confident - Jun 15, 2012
- Dad wrote manual for future generations: Shammi Kapoor's son - Aug 18, 2011
- Big B's commitment bowls over Gulshan Grover - May 03, 2012
- I'm not star struck by Ranbir: Sumona Chakravarti (With Images) - Jul 07, 2012