Mexican actress prefers characters who take a standApril 20th, 2012 - 10:53 am ICT by IANS
Miami, April 20 (IANS/EFE) Mexico’s Ana Brenda Contreras says the character she plays in a TV series is the strongest of her career so far.
The 26-year-old actress portrays protagonist Ana Paula, a brave, honest and hardworking nurse.
“All the characters you play leave you with something,” Contreras told EFE. “Ana Paula taught me to take a stand, to be stronger, braver.”
“The elements of the typical romance story remain in place, but the character of the heroine has changed. She’s no longer the innocent girl of before, who waits for a man to give her a place,” the actress said.
“In the case of Ana Paula, for example, she is a woman who men want to save, but what’s interesting is that she can save herself,” Contreras added.
Ana Brenda Contreras began her career in 2005 with a part alongside Aaron Diaz in the telenovela “Barrera de amor”, before a stint on “Juro que te amo” and a role as the villain in the 2009 series “Sortilegio”.
“The villains are more entertaining, because they’re always causing commotion, flirting, scheming,” the actress said. “But I like the role of a real woman. The heroine is the greater challenge.”
- Ex-Miss Universe resumes acting career after having baby - Aug 04, 2012
- An actor who gets song ideas from TV role - Jun 01, 2011
- Body of Mexican actress found - Dec 05, 2011
- Roselyn Sanchez gives birth to daughter - Jan 06, 2012
- TV actress Maria Gabriela de Faria to debut in movies - Aug 22, 2012
- Actress Roselyn Sanchez is pregnant - Aug 13, 2011
- Actress Monica Spear back to her roots in `wild' role - Jul 30, 2011
- Sandra Echeverria reveals her true self in song - Aug 07, 2011
- Ricky Martin performs in Miami - Apr 11, 2011
- Mexican singer Anahi says she's unfazed by paparazzi - Aug 21, 2011
- Don Omar keeps top spot on latin songs chart - Jul 15, 2011
- Romeo Santos remains atop Billboard Latin Songs - Jul 01, 2011
- Luis Fonsi's latest shoots to top of Latin Albums chart - Jul 08, 2011
- Two held for murder of Mexican actress - Dec 31, 2011
- Mexican singer Luis Miguel wraps up Spanish tour - May 13, 2012
Tags: aaron diaz, ana brenda contreras, ana paula, Brenda, commotion, efe, elements, heroine, innocent girl, mexican actress, mexico, nurse, protagonist, real woman, romance story, stint, tv series, typical romance, villain, villains