Meryl Streep says wearing own outfits secret behind her award successFebruary 10th, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 10 (ANI): American actress Meryl Streep has vowed not to wear any designer dresses to the awards but to stick with her own outfits for luck.
Streep had refused to wear a designer dress to the recent Screen Actor’’s Guild Awards and picked out one of her own instead, and she was surprised when she won the Best Actress award for her role in Doubt.
Now keeping that in mind, the actress is convinced that wearing one of her own dresses will aid her in winning an award at the Oscar this month, where she has been nominated for a Best Actress Academy Award.
Ill never buy a dress again, Contactmusic quoted her as saying. (ANI)
- Jean Dujardin, Meryl Streep win best actors - Feb 27, 2012
- Meryl Streep wins the Oscar for the Best Lead Actress - Feb 28, 2012
- Meryl Streep wants Voila Davis to win Oscar - Feb 26, 2012
- KJo's starstruck moment with Meryl Streep (Movie Snippets) - Feb 27, 2012
- Meryl Streep to be honored with a Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival - Jan 02, 2012
- Meryl Streep wins best actress trophy at BAFTA - Feb 13, 2012
- Sandra Bullock vouches for Meryl Streep's humour - Mar 09, 2010
- 'The Artist' wins best costume design, 'The Iron Lady' makeup - Feb 27, 2012
- Jennifer Lawrence to announce Oscar nominations - Jan 11, 2012
- 'The Artist', 'Hugo' in tie with five Oscars each (Roundup) - Feb 27, 2012
- 'The Artist' bags maximum Golden Globe gongs (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
- Firth wears eco-friendly clothes at Oscars - Mar 01, 2011
- I think Meryl Streep believes she's too smart for fashion, says US stylist - Aug 15, 2010
- I'm so not winning an Oscar, says Sandra Bullock - Feb 08, 2010
- Winslets mum predicted Streep would win Best Actress Oscar - Feb 24, 2009