Meryl Streep always knew Mamma Mia! would be successfulJanuary 19th, 2009 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 19 (ANI): Actress Meryl Streep was sure that Mamma Mia! would turn out to be a big hit because it catered to audience that has been largely neglected in filmsthe women.
Mamma Mia!, the ABBA-themed musical was one of the biggest grosser in 2008, raking in an estimated 573 million dollars worldwide.
However, the movies success didnt really surprise Oscar winning actress Streep as it was a film that “neglected” female moviegoers could finally relate to.
“I know the studio is gobsmacked by its success and a lot of the critics have been surprised, but I wasn”t. It was a no brainer, Contactmusic quoted Streep as saying.
She added: “I knew it would do well because it was aimed at an audience that has been neglected in recent years in film offerings: women. They are the last group anybody ever cares about.” (ANI)
- Jessica Biel in awe of Meryl Streep - Oct 15, 2010
- Spice Girls may turn 'Viva Forever!' into movie - Jul 01, 2012
- Meryl Streep in talks to play Margaret Thatcher - Jul 02, 2010
- Mamma Mia! movie sequel on way, says Amanda Seyfried - Oct 26, 2009
- Meryl Streep To Play Margaret Thatcher - Jul 04, 2010
- Meryl Streep clueless about 'Mamma Mia 2' - Jan 25, 2010
- Meryl Streep's look as Margaret Thatcher unveiled - Feb 09, 2011
- Amanda Seyfried says she's most comfortable when she's naked - Mar 13, 2011
- 'Mamma Mia!' beats 'Titanic' box office record in Britain - Dec 18, 2008
- Samuel L. Jackson's a huge Abba fan - Jun 24, 2009
- Kylie Minogue's songs to be turned into musical - May 05, 2010
- Meryl Streep short listed for two movie awards - Dec 01, 2008
- Streep hopes 'Iron Lady' will inspire filmmakers - Jan 06, 2012
- No scope for 'Mamma Mia!' sequel, says Seyfried - Mar 04, 2011
- Meryl Streep Expected To Enact The Character Of Margaret Thatcher In A Biopic - Jul 04, 2010