Melanie Brown sued for breach of contractSeptember 16th, 2010 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 15 (IANS) Singer Melanie Brown has been sued for backing out of an investment deal to star in a saucy Las Vegas revue.
In the lawsuit filed at Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday, the British singer is accused of fraud and breach of contract by bosses at BMEDIA, who reportedly gave $500,000 to Brown in 2008 to invest in future projects, reports aceshowbiz.com.
The suit claims that Brown’s team promised she had albums and concerts in the pipeline, but the star breached the deal to perform in adults-only extravaganza “Peep Show” last year.
Now the company is seeking repayment of the $500,000, with interest, as well as a promised 12.5 percent cut of her business deals.
- Mel B's 'Peep Show' lands her in legal trouble - Sep 15, 2010
- Jeremy Jackson to bare all? - Aug 06, 2011
- Jay Z in copyright lawsuit - Jun 21, 2012
- Avril Lavigne dating Brody Jenner? - Jun 05, 2010
- Who doesn't like Adele, asks Rihanna - Apr 20, 2012
- Cyrus enjoys free hamburger meal - Jun 30, 2012
- Mel B 'gutted over non-renewal of Peep Show contract' - Jun 08, 2009
- Eva Longoria sued for $4m by former Las Vegas nightclub partner - Jan 12, 2011
- Demi Moore goes dirty dancing with Snoop Dogg - Sep 01, 2010
- Jolie criticised for Zahara's hair extensions - Dec 24, 2011
- Bieber pays tribute to Michael Jackson - Apr 11, 2012
- Eva Longoria sued by ex-business partner - Jan 12, 2011
- Elton John recovering well from infection - May 30, 2012
- Hilary Swank sues home-audio firm - May 15, 2012
- Lopez plans show on lesbian couple - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: adults, angeles superior court, breach of contract, british singer, business deals, concerts, fraud, investment deal, las vegas, los angeles superior court, melanie brown, peep show, pipeline, suit claims