Mel Gibson’s wife sitting on a personal fortune worth $28MApril 24th, 2009 - 5:27 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 24 (ANI): She might be fighting a multi-million-dollar divorce battle with Hollywood actor Mel Gibson, but wife Robyn Moore has a personal fortune worth a whopping 28 million dollars.
Robyn, who has filed for divorce from the Braveheart star, citing “irreconcilable differences”, owns millions of dollars worth of real estate in California alone.
She owns at least 11 properties around Malibu in which she has an interest via her private trust, reports The Herald Sun.
With a market value of 24.8 million dollars they range from suburban homes to hilltop estates and were bought between 2001-07.
In Agoura Hills, home to Gibson’s Holy Family Chapel, Robyn owns an eight-bedroom Italianate mansion and a 3.4 million-dollar home with five bedrooms, along with a 1.2 million-dollar two-bedroom retreat.
She also owns a 7.3 million-dollar beachfront home and a six-bedroom 1.9 million dollar Santa Clarita ranch.
Robyn is also said to have bought more homes in 2007-8, one of which was said to be worth more than 4.2 million dollars.
According to the Californian law, gifts acquired before marriage and after separation are considered individual property.
Californian divorce lawyer Evan Sussman said Robyn could claim outright ownership of the real estate if she could prove they had been gifts from Gibson.
In the divorce papers, Gibson said they had separated in August 2006 but Robyn did not give a date. (ANI)
- Gibson's former family mansion on sale - Jul 28, 2012
- Gibson, Moore seal divorce pact - Jun 29, 2011
- Mel Gibson puts his Malibu estate on market for $14.5m - Mar 23, 2011
- British lottery winners gift home, car to house cleaner - Feb 28, 2010
- Hilary Swank 'buys $3.5m apartment' - Dec 20, 2009
- Miley Cyrus sells 'Redneck Riviera' beach house, gets richer by $1.9mn - Feb 12, 2011
- Brangelina buy $40m mansion in Italy - Sep 08, 2010
- Gibson loses half fortune in divorce settlement - Dec 24, 2011
- Depp buys property in Britain - Jan 27, 2012
- Ex-wife gets huge cut in Gibson's retirement package - Sep 06, 2012
- Heather Mills to sell New York home - Feb 20, 2011
- Cary Grant's former Palm Springs retreat being sold for $2.9m - Mar 18, 2011
- Dennis Hopper's widow files $45M creditor's claim - Oct 13, 2010
- Shilpa Shetty's estate taken over by squatter gang - May 28, 2011
- DiCaprio to lease out Malibu home - May 22, 2012
Tags: actor mel gibson, agoura hills, braveheart, californian, divorce battle, divorce lawyer, divorce papers, herald sun, hollywood actor, holy family chapel, irreconcilable differences, italianate mansion, mel gibson, outright ownership, personal fortune, private trust, real estate in california, santa clarita, sussman, wife robyn