Mel Gibson’s ‘crazed rant’ in churchJune 2nd, 2009 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 2 (ANI): Devout Catholic Mel Gibson reportedly went on a “crazed rant”, and blasted churchgoers for gossiping about his private life.
The ‘Braveheart’ star was attending a service at the Holy Family Chapel in Agoura Hills in California on Sunday, where he reportedly blasted fellow worshippers for gossiping about his private life, after his split from wife Robyn.
“Mel has completely lost it. His holier than thou world is falling apart and it seems Mel hasn’t been practicing what he preaches,” Contactmusic quoted a source as telling gossip website Radar Online.
The source added: “It was a crazed rant. He paced back and forth, furiously telling the congregation including two priests and a visiting bishop, that he would not stand by and be judged and scrutinised.”
The 53-year-old actor has allegedly threatened to have the church closed down if he suspects the congregation are still talking about him.
The source added: “Mel approached the altar and went off. He tried to intimidate the parishioners by staring at everyone with his angry eyes. Mel even threatened to shut down the church if people kept gossiping about him. The bottom line is that if Mel hadn’t gotten his Russian girlfriend pregnant while he was still married, there wouldn’t be much to gossip about.”
Mel recently opened up about his split from wife of 28 years Robyn, admitting that he was to blame for their separation.
The actor also confirmed that his new girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva is pregnant with their first child,
Robyn, who has seven children with Mel, filed for divorce in April, citing “irreconcilable differences”. (ANI)
- Mel Gibson threatens to shut down a church - Jun 02, 2009
- Gibson loses half fortune in divorce settlement - Dec 24, 2011
- Gibson Misses his Wife - May 06, 2010
- Mel Gibson Wishes To Give 1% Of His Monthly Expense To Daughter - Aug 22, 2010
- Mel Gibson And Oksana Grigorieva's Restraining Order Controversy Creates Buzz - Jun 27, 2010
- Gibson's wife refuses any ill-treatment - Jul 16, 2010
- Gibson's lawyers want Grigorieva held for tape leak - Jul 15, 2010
- Mel Gibson-Oksana Grigorieva Battle Over Custody Turns Ugly - Jun 30, 2010
- Mel Gibson's estranged wife refuses ill treatment - Jul 16, 2010
- Mel Gibson abuses girlfriend in a tape - Jul 11, 2010
- Mel Gibson presents extortion evidence to police - Jul 28, 2010
- Mel Gibson Axed From "The Hangover 2": Zach Galifianakis The Reason? - Oct 25, 2010
- Gibson in 'The Hangover' sequel? - Oct 19, 2010
- Presence of CPI-M politburo member at church altar kicks up row - Sep 02, 2012
- Mel Gibson's Racist Rant Against His Estranged Girlfriend Caught On Tape - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: 28 years, agoura hills, angry eyes, bottom line, braveheart, devout catholic, fellow worshippers, gossip, grigorieva, hadn, holy family chapel, irreconcilable differences, mel gibson, new girlfriend, parishioners, priests, private life, radar online, rant, wife robyn