Mel Gibson settles lawsuit with Passion of the Christ screenwriterMay 20th, 2009 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 20 (ANI): Mel Gibson has packed a lawsuit filed against him by the screenwriter of his movie the Passion Of The Christ.
The Aussie actor was said to have reached a settlement with Benedict Fitzgerald, who claimed he was underpaid for his work on the 2004 blockbuster.
According to TMZ.com, Fitzgerald had alleged he was cheated out of millions of dollars in potential earnings after being paid just 50,000 pounds for co-writing the controversial film, reports the Daily Express.
The writer claimed he should have been given a heavier cheque keeping in mind the true cost of the film that went on to bag an estimated 400 million pounds worldwide.
He had asked a judge to force 52-year-old Gibson to unwrap the accounts in front of the court.
The suit has now been settled though no details on the matter were revealed. (ANI)
- Mel Gibson sued $15mil by screenwriter of The Passion of the Christ - Nov 27, 2008
- Ex-wife gets huge cut in Gibson's retirement package - Sep 06, 2012
- Oksana to file civil suit against Mel Gibson - Mar 14, 2011
- Oksana Grigorieva's ex bodyguard sides with Mel Gibson - Jan 22, 2011
- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend still plans to sue him - Mar 13, 2011
- Cameron moves to dismiss 'Avatar' lawsuit - Jul 17, 2012
- Bleu facing lawsuit over film promotion - Aug 06, 2011
- A New Twist In Mel Gibson And Oksana Grigorieva's Courtroom Drama! - Nov 17, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva 'to sue' Mel Gibson - Sep 17, 2010
- Gibson accused of threatening step mother - Jul 04, 2012
- Mel Gibson's ex 'taped him after cheating claims' - Jul 25, 2010
- Gibson gets lucky with girls - Jun 25, 2012
- Gibson loses half fortune in divorce settlement - Dec 24, 2011
- Mel Gibson 'will wage legal war against ex if she dares to sue him' - Mar 14, 2011
- Mel Gibson slammed over alleged taped rant - Jul 02, 2010