Mel Gibson may counter sue Oksana GrigorievaMarch 15th, 2011 - 3:59 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 15 (IANS) Veteran actor Mel Gibson will counter sue former girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva if she takes him to court over domestic violence charges.
The Russian singer is reportedly considering filing a civil lawsuit against him accusing him of battery, emotional distress and defamation committed during their relationship, which broke down in April last year.
Gibson pleaded no contest to charge of misdemeanour battery for the January incident, and was sentenced to a year-long domestic violence counselling programme, and a year of mental health counselling.
This ended the criminal section of the case against him, but Grigorieva’s lawyers plan to seek damages in a civil court.
However, Gibson’s lawyers said they will counter sue her on the charges of extortion, reports tmz.com.
- Oksana to file civil suit against Mel Gibson - Mar 14, 2011
- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend still plans to sue him - Mar 13, 2011
- Grigorieva may sue Gibson - Mar 13, 2011
- Mel Gibson 'will wage legal war against ex if she dares to sue him' - Mar 14, 2011
- Oksana Grigorieva 'to sue' Mel Gibson - Sep 17, 2010
- Gibson avoids jail sentence after pleading 'no contest' to battery - Mar 12, 2011
- Oksana Grigorieva's ex bodyguard sides with Mel Gibson - Jan 22, 2011
- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend drops domestic abuse claim - May 05, 2011
- 'Gibson's pals sent him hookers to end his relationship with Grigorieva' - Sep 10, 2010
- Gibson's ex says no to $15 mn offer (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Mel Gibson booked for assault charges - Mar 18, 2011
- Gibson may avoid jail after striking plea deal in domestic violence case - Mar 10, 2011
- Gibson's ex turns down $15 mn offer - Feb 22, 2011
- Mel Gibson 'to swear to tell nothing but truth about Oksana' - Oct 26, 2010
- Mel Gibson's ex hires domestic violence lawyer - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: actor mel gibson, civil court, damages, defamation, domestic violence, emotional distress, extortion, filing a civil lawsuit, former girlfriend, lawyers, mel gibson, mental health, relationship, russian singer, veteran actor