Mel Gibson In Single Car Crash on Malibu Canyon RoadAugust 17th, 2010 - 12:42 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to ‘TMZ’, actor Mel Gibson was lost control of his 2008 Mazerati and crashed into the rocky hillside of Malibu Canyon Road at around 8:35 am this morning (Monday), requiring the car to be towed from the scene.
The California Highway Patrol’s (CHP) reports states, “For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside. He stopped his car at the scene and was contacted by officers from the West Valley CHP Area.”
Leland Tang, who is the CHP Public Information Officer told TMZ, . “Gibson told officers in the field he did not know how the car drifted out of the lane and into the hillside.” The police officers asked Gibson if he was on his cell phone, and he denied it. He was then asked if he feel asleep, which he neither confirmed or denied, stating many times, “I don’t know how the car left the roadway.”
According to the police report, “Mr. Gibson supplied all the pertinent information to the officers at the scene, gave a statement, and received a ride home from a friend.” He was stated to be uninjured, and DUI is not suspected.
Tang stated that the information in the police report which says that Gibson drove his car into the hillside “for unknown reasons” was not meant to imply that he did it on purpose. Tang added that the accident was totally unintentional, and no charges or citations have been issued.
- Mel Gibson escapes unhurt after car crash in Malibu - Aug 17, 2010
- Mel Gibson involved in car crash - Aug 17, 2010
- Mel Gibson Crashes 2008 Maserati, Escapes Unharmed - Aug 17, 2010
- Mel Gibson crashes vehicle in Malibu - Aug 17, 2010
- CCTV catches cop romping on car bonnet - Aug 31, 2011
- Painter Thomas Kinkade Arrested on DUI Suspicion - Jun 15, 2010
- Police to question pop star Justin Bieber over alleged assault - May 29, 2012
- Jesse James in rehab? - Mar 31, 2010
- Mel Gibson goes off to Guatemala for charity work - Mar 08, 2011
- Paris Hilton's brother involved in car crash - Nov 21, 2011
- Former NFL superstar Junior Seau arrested, released before driving off cliff in California - Oct 19, 2010
- Taiwan burglar escapes after leaping from sixth floor - Mar 22, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva's rep denies report of 'self-inflicted' injuries - Jul 19, 2010
- San Francisco Bay Bridge Shut For An Hour After Man Threatens To Blow It Up - Nov 12, 2010
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: actor mel gibson, california highway patrol, car crash, cell phone, chp, citations, leland, malibu canyon road, mazerati, mel gibson, mr gibson, police officers, police report, public information officer, roadway, rocky hillside, tang, tmz