Mel Gibson booked for assault chargesMarch 18th, 2011 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 18 (ANI): Hollywood actor Mel Gibson turned himself in at a South California police station and has been booked on battery charges for allegedly assaulting ex Oksana Grigorieva.
The star went to the El Segundo Police Department in Southern California to have his mug shot taken and fingerprints recorded.
According to the 55-year-old actor’s booking sheet, he surrendered at 9.30pm with bail set at 12,400 pounds.
“He was here for a very short time. He was very pleasant. This is just an old case that the judge wanted him to get fingerprinted for. It isn’t anything new. We did it real quick and he was out,” the Sun quoted Sergeant Dean Howard, an officer who dealt with Gibson when he was booked in at the police station, as saying.
Last week, the star was spared jail after pleading no contest to a misdemeanour charge of battery on a spouse or cohabitant.
He was sentenced to 36 months informal probation along with 16 hours community service.
He was also fined a total of 350 pounds and ordered to undertake a year’s domestic violence counselling, along with a year of mental health counselling, with the therapist he has been seeing since January. (ANI)
- Mel Gibson may counter sue Oksana Grigorieva - Mar 15, 2011
- Grigorieva may sue Gibson - Mar 13, 2011
- Gibson avoids jail sentence after pleading 'no contest' to battery - Mar 12, 2011
- Gibson's lawyer has last-chance meeting with prosecutors over assault charges - Jan 19, 2011
- Oksana to file civil suit against Mel Gibson - Mar 14, 2011
- Mel Gibson may face criminal charges - Jan 19, 2011
- Grigorieva seeks $500,000 compensation from Gibson? - Aug 15, 2011
- Mel Gibson Likely To Face Charges By Los Angeles District Attorney - Jan 20, 2011
- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend still plans to sue him - Mar 13, 2011
- Gibson goes Greek after Grigorieva - Jun 20, 2011
- Mel Gibson 'will wage legal war against ex if she dares to sue him' - Mar 14, 2011
- Mel Gibson is just a liar, says ex Oksana Grigorieva - Jul 24, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva's Ex-Bodyguard, Kristian Herzog, Almost Completely Sides With Mel Gibson Via His New 'Revelations' - Jan 21, 2011
- Gibson, Grigorieva reach deal - Aug 28, 2011
- Containment Problem With Both Mel Gibson And Oil Leak Says Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger - Jul 25, 2010
Tags: actor mel gibson, assault charges, battery charges, booking sheet, california police, counselling, dean howard, domestic violence, el segundo police department, fingerprints, hollywood actor, mel gibson, oksana grigorieva, old case, pleading no contest, police station, probation, sergeant, short time, south california