Mel C to shun home birthDecember 31st, 2008 - 11:39 am ICT by ANI
Washington, December 31 (ANI): Former Spice Girl Melanie Chisholm, who is pregnant at the moment, will not give birth at home because she fears something may go wrong.
She is expecting her first child by partner Thomas Starr in February next year.
The pop star insists that she will rush to hospital whenever she goes into labour because she does not want to risk giving birth at home.
“We”re really excited now. The nausea has passed and I haven”t had any weird cravings. I”m in my third trimester so this is when I really start to feel big and it’’s starting to
become difficult to sleep. I”ve ditched the heels now and it’’s flat boots all the way, Contactmusic quoted her as telling British magazine Reveal.
“I want to give birth in hospital, rather than at home, just in case something goes wrong - especially as it’’s my first,” she added.
Chisholm also insisted that she did not want to know whether the baby inside her womb was a boy or a girl.
“I don”t want to know what’’s in there, I want it to be a surprise - I just hope there’’s only one!” she said.
She, however, admitted that the pregnancy was taking its toll on her by robbing her of sleep, and forcing her to stop wearing her beloved high heels. (ANI)
- Mel C defends 'moody' Victoria - Jul 01, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Life's complicated post split: Mel C - Aug 28, 2012
- Chisholm welcomes Pink to mummy club - Jun 04, 2011
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Mel C not ready for more kids - Sep 02, 2011
- Melanie Chisholm was shocked to give birth to baby girl instead of boy - Mar 20, 2009
- Mel C upset with Olympic play list - Jun 21, 2012
- Motherhood is tough: Mel C - Jun 18, 2012
- Mel C says motherhood has changed her life - Oct 25, 2009
- George Michael praises Spice Girls for changing British music - Mar 12, 2011
- Mel C wants more children - Mar 07, 2010
- George Michael praises Spice Girls for inspiring women - Mar 12, 2011
- Mel C scared of childbirth after scary stories from Mel B - Dec 29, 2008
Tags: birth at home, boots, cravings, december 31, giving birth, high heels, home birth, labour, mel c, melanie chisholm, nausea, pop star, pregnancy, sleep, spice girl, surprise, third trimester, thomas starr, womb