Mel B regrets missing Queen’s celebrationsJune 6th, 2012 - 2:31 am ICT by IANS
London, June 6 (IANS) Singer Mel B regrets missing out a performance at the British Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations with her band Spice Girls.
The celebrations, held Monday, marked 60 years of Queen Elizabeth on the throne.
Watching the celebrations on TV, the singer regretted not being there. Later, she took to Twitter to express her thoughts.
“Makes me so sad Spice Girls wasn’t part of the queens jubilee, break my heart big time, I was so up for it, watched some of it on TV, amazing,” the 37-year-old tweeted.
Her band, which consists of Mel C, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell and Victoria Beckham, could have taken part in the celebrations, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The organiser, singer Gary Barlow had asked the band to perform but Victoria did not wish to reunite as she has a successful fashion career.
Apart from Mel B, even Mel C and Bunton wanted to be a part of the D-day.
“Bit miffed I’m not down at Buckingham Palace,” Mel C tweeted.
Bunton tweeted: “Ok im not being funny but the Spice Girls should of been on this and trust me they would have smashed it.”
–Indo-Asian News Service
- Spice Girls gear up for Royal reunion - Jan 29, 2012
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Olympic rehearsals made Halliwell's birthday bizarre - Aug 28, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- I don't need Spice Girls reunion : Mel C - Dec 03, 2011
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Spice Girls call fan support for Olympics 2012 gig - Oct 18, 2010
- Pregnant Emma bonds with bandmates - Feb 21, 2011
- Spice Girls divided over plans to release album of unheard songs - Mar 03, 2011
- Mel C wants more children - Mar 07, 2010
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Spice Girls To Perform In 2012 Olympic Games - Oct 19, 2010
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: asian news, big time, british queen, buckingham palace, d day, diamond jubilee, emma bunton, fashion career, gary barlow, geri halliwell, heart, indo, jubilee celebrations, mel b, mel c, news service, queen elizabeth, spice girls, victoria beckham, ym