Mehra to start shooting ‘Bhag Milkha Bhag’ soonJuly 17th, 2011 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra says he is working on several scripts, but his next will the film on iconic Indian athlete Milkha Singh.
Milkha Singh came fourth in the 400 metres at the 1960 Rome Olympics. He also represented India in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.
“I am writing a few scripts but my immediate next film is ‘Bhag Milkha Bhag’. I would start shooting it now. It’s on Milkha Singh the athlete,” Mehra told IANS.
Soft-spoken Mehra refrained from divulging any other details, saying, “It’s a secret”.
Mehra, after directing numerous ad commercials like Coke, Pepsi, Toyota, American Express and BPL, made his directorial debut with megastar Amitabh Bachchan starrer “Aks” in 2001. The film was not a big success, but he rocked the box office with his 2006 release “Rang De Basanti”
His last was 2009 movie “Delhi-6″ starring Abhishek Bachchan-Sonam Kapoor.
- Want biopic to inspire the youth: Milkha - Feb 21, 2012
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra mourns loss of mother - Sep 10, 2012
- Ladakh trip makes Farhan nostalgic - Sep 02, 2012
- Mehra keen to shoot 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' in Pakistan (With Image) - Jan 30, 2012
- Farhan's date with Milkha Singh - Nov 12, 2011
- Milkha Singh to help Farhan recreate his life on screen - Feb 04, 2012
- Will direct again, but not sure when: Gulzar (Film Snippets) - Feb 15, 2011
- Katy wants to raid Priyanka's closet (Movie Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Farhan Akhtar running for role - Jan 17, 2012
- '...Milkha Bhaag' shooting to resume after summer break - Jul 06, 2012
- From stadiums to screen, a leap for Bollywood - May 17, 2010
- Farhan best for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', says Milkha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 24, 2012
- More painful times ahead for Farhan! - Apr 13, 2012
- Mehra wants new face to play Milkha Singh - Jan 05, 2011
- Farhan takes Punjabi lessons from Gulzar - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aks, american express, amitabh bachchan, athlete, box office, bpl, coke pepsi, commercials, directorial debut, filmmaker, july 17, olympics, omprakash, pepsi, rakeysh omprakash mehra, rome olympics, scripts, sonam kapoor, tokyo olympics