Meet the parrot who politely tells you to f*** off!September 15th, 2008 - 7:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 15 (ANI): An African Grey parrots filthy accent is leaving the zoo visitors go red in the face, as it tells them to “f*** off.”
The previous owner had donated the parrot named Max, after he was fed up with his chatter.
The five-year-old bird also mimics car alarms, and mobile phone ring tones.
Keeper Peter Hansom at South Park birdhouse in Darlington, Co Durham, blamed local school-children for teaching Max the obscenity.
Hes a bright chap and easily picked it up. Theres no knowing when hell blurt it out. I hold my breath when parents stand with small children at his cage, The Sun quoted him as saying.
Sometimes he will just say hello or bye but as often as not its f*** off.
Its usually when people are walking away and least expect it.
His favourite trick is to stick his head in a tin cup in his cage and then swear. He seems to know it makes a louder sound, he added. (ANI)
- Custody row over Italian-speaking bird in Britain - Oct 23, 2010
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- Taylor Swift watches TV in cage - Nov 01, 2010
- Man jailed for attacking neighbour on 90th birthday - Oct 22, 2011
- Zoo presents 'royal tiger couple' - William and Kate - Apr 29, 2011
- Zoo feeder killed by lion - Feb 14, 2012
- Photog digs up carrot that looks like a foot! - Nov 01, 2010
- Pakistani TB patients tell a different story - through photos - Jan 17, 2012
- Ukrainian man to spend 35 days in cage with lion - Aug 04, 2011
- A woman who stopped two assailants - Sep 17, 2011
- Ukranian man to live with lions for five weeks! - Jul 28, 2011
- An Urdu speaking parrot in Britain - Aug 08, 2011
- Orphaned grizzlies sent to the Montana zoo - Dec 21, 2010
- Chimpanzees learn to mop cage from keepers - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: accent, african grey parrots, birdhouse, car alarms, chap, co durham, darlington, hell, local school, london, mobile phone ring, mobile phone ring tones, obscenity, old bird, parents, phone ring tones, south park, sun, tin cup, zoo visitors