Meet Brooke Shields’ 6-year-old gambling daughterJune 16th, 2009 - 6:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 16 (ANI): Brooke Shields has revealed that her six-year-old daughter Rowan defied the odds when they went to the world famous US horse race Kentucky Derby.
The actress revealed that Rowan won 6,000 dollars after backing the 50-to-1 long shot.
“We went to the Kentucky Derby for the first time as a family, and of course my older one picked the winner,” Contactmusic quoted Shields as telling America’s OK magazine.
“We tried to talk her out of it. It was 50-to-1. She said, ‘I like the name Mine That Bird and I think it’s good,’ and I said, ‘Now honey, it’s 50-to-1. Those aren’t good odds.’ But she said, ‘Mom, I like it.’ And I was like, ‘Alright, whatever.’ She got like 6,000 dollars,” she added.
Shields and her husband have put the money away for Rowan’s future.
“We put it in her college fund and she appreciated that. Her biggest thing was that she got a Kentucky Derby Barbie,” Shields said. (ANI)
- Brooke Shields wants more kids - Dec 04, 2011
- Knightley receives cooking lessons from mom - Jun 24, 2012
- Brooke Shields suffered in silence for 3 weeks after injuring hand - Sep 07, 2010
- Knightley brushing up culinary skills - Jun 24, 2012
- Brook insisted on underwear scene in film - Aug 24, 2012
- Kate Gosselin barely makes it home for Mother's Day celebrations - May 10, 2011
- Heidi Montag 'wants to look like Barbie' - Apr 30, 2010
- Cruise sets up trust fund for Suri - Aug 29, 2012
- Brigitte Bardot inspires Kelly Brook - Jun 06, 2012
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- Missing cat in UK returns home 7-yrs after disappearing - Jan 29, 2011
- Brooke Shields contemplated suicide after first baby - Nov 18, 2009
- Kim took first birth control step at 14 - Jun 20, 2012
- Kelly Brook regrets her topless modeling days - Jan 19, 2012
- Rachael Ray: Hugh Jackman Visits, Bobby Flay Cooks! - Oct 15, 2011