Medium not important for Sushant Singh Rajput (TV Snippets) (With Images)August 3rd, 2012 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) Sushant Singh Rajput, who shot to fame with the TV show “Pavitra Rishta” and is now set to begin his journey on the silver screen with “Kai Po Che!”, says the entertainment medium is not significant for him as long as it is good work.
“I am an actor and it is good work that I want to do. I am really not bothered about the medium - be it television or films,” Sushant told IANS.
Directed by Abhishek Kapoor of “Rock On!!” fame, the film is the big screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s book “The 3 Mistakes of My Life”.
The film portrays the journey of three friends as they discover cricket, religion and business in their respective fields. Actors Raj Kumar Yadav, Amit Sadh and Amrita Puri will play prominent roles in the film.
Sanjeeda, Reshmi friends forever!
Sanjeeda Sheikh and Reshmi Ghosh might be enemies onscreen in “Piya Ka Ghar Pyaara Lage”, but the two actresses have bonded very well off-screen.
According to sources, when the two were taken to Radisson Blu Resort and Spa, Alibaug for a recent trip organised by Sahara channel, they were simply inseparable.
From getting pampered by the masseuse at the spa to sipping coffee at the cafe to dancing, the two enjoyed the trip together.
It is also being said that the two cannot stop praising each other.
Supriya Pilgaonkar does ‘Hawa hawaai’
Actress Supriya Pilgaonkar impressed one and all as she recreated Sridevi’s iconic ‘Hawa hawaii’ act at the recently held Gold Awards.
“‘Hawa hawaii’ is one of my all time favourite numbers. I was delighted at the suggestion of shaking a leg to this song that had captured the imagination of an entire generation. It’s a song which gives you a lot of liberty to act and express,” said Supriya.
“And with the fast-paced choreography, I was also concerned if I could carry off my costume well! I myself enjoyed the performance to the hilt!” she added.
According to sources, Supriya’s act was near perfect to the original one, and why not! She perfected her dance skills and won the first season of dance reality show “Nach Baliye” with her husband Sachin.
“The actress was so near perfect in her imitation of the original Ms. Hawa Hawaii that she managed to overshadow all the current crop of actresses who were part of the event,” said a source from the channel.
“Her poise, her grace, her alluring smile and her confidence made her act one of the best performances of the evening,” the source added.
The 5th Boroplus Gold Awards will be telecast on Zee TV Aug 18.
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- Aamir's proposal was the moment of my life: Sanjeeda (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Mona, Supriya to shake a leg on Ratan's mehendi (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2011
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- Being mom helped Juhi in 'Krishna Aur Kans' - Jul 19, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- It's bad scripts that Raj Kumar Yadav avoids - Jul 12, 2012
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012
- Amrita Puri calls Abhishek real star of 'Kai Po Che' - Jul 13, 2012
- Gear up for romance, comedy, thriller this Friday (IANS Preview) - Jul 31, 2012
- Cricketer Shaun Tait to make Bollywood debut? - Sep 10, 2012
- I'd love to play adulteress: Supriya Pilgaonkar - Feb 20, 2010
- Pooja Bose ecstatic over her Bengali debut - Feb 16, 2012
- Kader Khan coming on small screen (Movie Snippets) - Jan 20, 2011
- Bollywood overlooked Isha Sharvani's talent: KJo - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: abhishek kapoor, alibaug, amrita, chetan bhagat, entertainment medium, gold awards, hilt, masseuse, rajput, religion and business, reshmi ghosh, resort and spa, rishta, sadh, sahara channel, screen adaptation, sipping coffee, supriya, sushant singh, three friends