Media persons manhandled at Hazare protest venueJuly 31st, 2012 - 2:11 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) Around 150-200 people present at Jantar Mantar, the venue of the protest by Anna Hazare, allegedly broke down barricades and manhandled media persons late Monday, according to a reporter present at the spot.
The incident occurred after Team Anna member Shanti Bhushan claimed that media was not giving proper coverage to the protest, said the reporter who did not want to be identified.
IAC members Manish Sisodia, who is on fast at the venue, and Kumar Vishwas later tried to pacify the crowd.
No police case has been registered.
- Hazare begins daylong fast - Dec 11, 2011
- Team Anna volunteers gear up for fast - Jul 23, 2012
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Team Anna apologises to media for scuffle - Jul 31, 2012
- Team Anna supporters gather in Jantar Mantar - Jul 25, 2012
- Police use force on protests near PM, Sonia houses (Evening Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Anna to reach Delhi July 24, team gears up for agitation (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Kejriwal arrested, vows to protest again (Third Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Police battle anti-corruption protests near PM, Sonia houses (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2012
- Will continue protest outside PM residence: Kejriwal (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Anna breaks one-day token fast - Mar 25, 2012