Meant for private, national channels, Aamir’s show to make historyApril 13th, 2012 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 13 (IANS) “Satyamev Jayate” is Aamir Khan’s first television project and the star says that the reality show will create history by becoming the first ever programme to go live simultaneously on a private channel and national broadcaster DD1.
“This is for the first time in the Indian history that a show will also be showcased simultaneously on national television channel DD1. Besides, the show will be dubbed in four southern languages - Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada. This show is being launched on a large scale,” Aamir told reporters Friday here at the launch of the show’s promo song.
“Satyamev Jayate” will go on air on Star Plus May 6.
“I don’t understand TRPs (Television Rating Points) and GRPs (Gross Rating Points). I have no idea how to calculate it! I don’t care about TRPs. It is important to reach out to the Indian audiences. If viewers want to see, they will see or else it is up to them,” added the 47-year-old.
Aamir feels that TV is a very powerful medium and added: “I had to make complete use of this medium. This is a baby step towards it.”
“I cannot say I understand TV completely. I was earlier scared to go ahead with the project. I can only say I have made this show with complete honesty and without compromising on anything.”
The promo song of “Satyameva Jayate” is a love song.
“Earlier, we were planning to compose a national song or like one anthem. Later, I realised, why am I doing this show? I have love in my heart for my country, like each Indian who love their country. Then we went with a romantic song. We thought, it should be a love song that reflects the love for my country and relate with each Indian,” he said.
Composed by Ram Sampath and written by Prasoon Joshi, the song is sung by Keerthi Sagathia.
The show has got the famous “Ramayana” and “Mahabharta” slot - Sunday 11 a.m.
“I wanted to telecast my show on Sunday morning. I want each family to watch the show and connect with it. We have watched ‘Ramayana’ and ‘Mahabarata’ and it used to come on Sunday morning. The shows created a different atmosphere. I am not scared of the saas or bahus. My thought was ‘Bharat jodo abhiyaan’.”
“I am not attempting to change anybody’s life. I don’t have the strength to change anyone’s life. When I speak about change, it’s about changing myself. I am not interested in changing the world. Who am I to change anyone’s life? I can only connect to them emotionally and empathise.”
The actor spoke about everything, except the concept of the show and said: “I can’t talk much about the show.”
- 'Satayamev Jayate' has made life tough for me: Kiran Rao - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' in copyright trouble with Euphoria - May 07, 2012
- Aamir scared of showing 'Satyamev Jayate' to friends - May 02, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir - May 08, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' first episode marks 90 mn viewership - May 16, 2012
- Aamir strikes the right chord with 'Satyamev Jayate' (Roundup) - May 06, 2012
- TV no longer the idiot box: Madhur Bhandarkar ( Movie Snippets) - May 06, 2012
- Aamir, Prasoon Joshi making 50 shorts on malnutrition - May 07, 2012
- Aamir doing fantastic job with 'Satyamev Jayate': Ritesh Sidhwani - May 21, 2012
- 'Satyamev...' promos give insight into Aamir's creative process: Imran - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- Social issues fine, but no politics for Aamir Khan - May 07, 2012
- I'm not interested in politics: Aamir Khan (Interview) - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, baby step, first television, gross rating points, indian audiences, indian history, keerthi, launch, love song, mahabharta, national broadcaster, national channels, national television channel, prasoon joshi, private channel, ramayana, romantic song, sampath, southern languages, television project