Mcphee to lead charity walkNovember 10th, 2011 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Nov 10 (IANS) Singer Katharine Mcphee is set to walk across Brooklyn Bridge to raise funds for a children’s charity.
The 27-year-old “Unbroken” hitmaker will join hundreds of participants Nov 19 for the walk.
The non-competitive five-kilometre trek begins in lower Manhattan and finishes across the East River in Brooklyn, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The event will kick off America’s St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign, which aims to raise awareness about childhood cancer and benefit the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Jessie J to shave head for charity - Nov 08, 2011
- Prince Harry travels to Arctic ahead of North Pole trek - Mar 29, 2011
- Bieber is great with kids: David Beckham - Nov 18, 2011
- Melanie C supports homeless charity - Nov 18, 2011
- Leann Rimes donates hats to charity - Nov 01, 2011
- Pink wants more kids - Nov 16, 2011
- Beckham downloads Beatles song for unborn baby - Jul 02, 2011
- Lit up with art, music, behold the Yamuna - Nov 14, 2011
- David Beckham's son swears in Spanish - Oct 09, 2011
- Victoria Beckham proud of son - Nov 14, 2009
- Stella McCartney donates sketch to auction - May 05, 2012
- Brooklyn Bridge briefly closed after 'suspicious item' found - Oct 15, 2010
- Over 40,000 childhood cancer cases in India every year: Experts - Feb 06, 2011
- Burke to create charity clothing line - Nov 12, 2011
- Fond memories abound as Zero Bridge dismantled - Apr 04, 2012