Mcgregor wants a break for family timeJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 23 (IANS) Actor Ewan McGregor says he needs to take a break from work to spend time with his family.
The 40-year-old revealed it was only when he and wife Eva Mavrakis adopted a baby girl last year that he decided to cut back on work, because he didn’t want to miss out on family time, reports contactmusic.com.
“I finished a film in September and I just felt I’d worked hard for years. I felt like I just hadn’t stopped. Which I hadn’t. And I just thought one day that I didn’t have to work if I didn’t want to. It was like the sky suddenly opening up,” said Mcgregor.
“I called my wife and suggested that I didn’t work for the rest of the year and it’s been lovely. It was great to be at home. We’ve got a new baby, and those are beautiful months that you won’t get back if you’re not there,” he added.
- Ewan McGregor says Los Angeles is better than London - Aug 02, 2010
- McGregor's 'The Pillow Book' embarrassment - Oct 10, 2011
- Wedding just happened: Reid - Aug 28, 2011
- McGregor hates comic book movies - Mar 10, 2012
- Quaid's addiction almost cost him everything in life - Apr 13, 2011
- Akshay celebrates birthday with family (Movie Snippets) - Sep 10, 2012
- For baby, everything's on the backburner: Lara Dutta (Interview) - Sep 03, 2012
- Mcgregor, Polanski almost fell out over accents - Feb 19, 2010
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Jim Carrey says Ewan McGregor is a great kisser - Dec 01, 2010
- McGregor supports Unicef campaign - Apr 03, 2011
- Farrell found 'Total Recall' preparation boring - Sep 09, 2012
- Fatherhood is amazing: Nick Cannon - Aug 27, 2011
- When Liz Taylor didn't return Donatella's ring - Jun 04, 2012
- Kim Kardashian 'wanted to be a crime scene investigator' - Mar 23, 2011